3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 1:10 PM by Chorale0001

Cannot Install Flash

ucyimda_ruler

"The version of Adobe Flash Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current version.

Please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to obtain the latest, most secure version."

I get this message whenever I visit the Url above to install the flash player.  I've used the utility to uninstall the application a dozen times with no luck.  During the uninstallation process, I exited all applications and even restarted the computer before the attempting to reinstall.

There's a version out there that it is checking against either in registery or somewhere, where is it so I can remove it?  Also I uninstalled ALL Adobe products from the control panel and I still have no luck.

Thanks

IE8

Windows 7 x64

• 1. Re: Cannot Install Flash
          Chorale0001

Window 7.... ..

I don't know much about window 7, but you can always manually check your registery key, see if there isnt any remaining part of flash there.

I know that in XP you have to clean 2 location in your registery ( launch regedit from the execute interface of your start menu) that are... HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/ and... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE. Look for adobe product and delete them

Be sure to target ONLY adobe product, or you may kill your window.

If you still cant install it after having remove ALL adobe product, you will need to download a registerycleaner from Adobe customer support service. It happened to me once and with that registerycleaner ( made by adobe to kill adobe program ) AND the help of an adobe technician you will fix your computer.

I don't recommand going further in your registery key log after cleaning all adobe from those 2 directory, Thus why you need the Adobe technician that will tell you what command use on the registerycleaner, for it has many.. many command that are invisible to common user like you and me.

Hope that help

Be careful

• 2. Re: Cannot Install Flash
            ucyimda_ruler Level 1

I've already removed any and every Adobe registry values in the hive.  Which is why I went ahead and removed all other Adobe products as well to ensure I don't remove anything that should still be around.

Where would I find a technian or that registry cleaner?

• 3. Re: Cannot Install Flash
              Chorale0001 Level 1

you can call Adobe support service. That's what i did. they will give it to you and guide you how to use it.