• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to reduce four layers of navigation bars for search results?

Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Web Help generated from RH8, RobHelp HTML project:

The navigation toolbar (headers in the navigation pane) seem excessive (large, redundant) and this is probably exacerbated by the texture on the background jpg for the Nav pane header(s) (also used on the title bar).

Is there a way to reduce the height of these? Is it possible to create slices that line up as a coherent picture for the multilevel headers in navigation pane (TOC).

To feel my pain (to reproduce), click http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/RBME/3_6/Default.htm

Click Search button (magnifying glass on papers).

Enter a term (context, for example), then click Go.

eeeew. Is the height of all those slices available for public use (in the skin)?

Second issue:  notice the "globe" (with a question mark) icon for the UBmatrix Report Builder tab in your browser. Now right click any topic, select properties and copy the URL for a topic into a new browser window (or use http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/RBME/3_6/Mapping_Workflow.htm). Viola, the "custom" icon is used for the topic, but not if you enable the TOC. How come?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot to with some arrows pointing at what you want to change would help. Please use the camera icon to insert it.

The second problem you are talking about is the favicon. I believe that has been documented in these forums.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I am speechless on the first question, because it has repaired itself!

2nd question, though, I have diligently followed the instructions for faveicon and am asking because I am not successfully implementing this feature. I have the desired icon in the root folder of the public facing server. Why would it work for a single page but not for the web help project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] Wondered why I couldn't see anything wrong.

2] Go to http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm Do you see my initials as the icon? I'll have to see if I can find my notes as to how I did that but pretty sure it was as posted somewhere on these forums. Did you find your method here? If so please post a link.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To save you some time Peter... To add your own icon, replace whstart.ico in your output with your own icon (.ico file). For completeness, you can also replace whrstart.ico and whestart.ico. (Hope I didn't forget one.)

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks WvW, but that still didn't work. I've got 5 ico files (all those names you mentioned, plus fave.ico and rbme.ico in my published site.

If I right-click any link in the published Help and display in a new browser window (IE 8), the product icon displays. As soon as I click "show" to view the TOC, I get the globe again. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now seeing the right icon first time using the first link you provided. Maybe this is another problem that has fixed itself or maybe it is a cache issue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you, Pete! I've flushed my cache, so there's something peculiar with the server!

I haven't published anything since Monday, so these display problems with public facing server content are very strange, indeed.

But if it looks good to you, great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if you get different results with different browsers.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp