9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2010 11:44 PM by Kevin j uk

ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?

Kevin j uk Level 1

Hi with the great need for the correct video card and driver's you would think Abobe would recomend a graphics card or two! However can we not start here, if there is any body not haveing trouble with there graphics card then maybe they would be good enough to replay and we could all think about changing I know I would.

I have A Asus ATI EAH4670 1G card, but this gives me jerky playing in the editing window, dispite updating all the drivers, It's ok with the driver that came with the card and no video driver but if I take the advise and up date it then it's jerky.

So lets have people tell us what does work could be intresting does any think work? with the this software?

• 1. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
          Anthony Abegglen Level 1

I use a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 and it works with every editing package, I did have to upgrade to the new drivers to run PrE8 overall very stable and solid card.

Maybe it is worth looking at downloading the following to programs which I fined very useful, they sort out many of the PC and harware problems

TuneUp Utilities2010 30day trial and Advanced SystemCare v3 free, I found that them invaluble , the one PC had display card problem and i ran both programs and my old NLE is work again

• 2. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
            nealeh Level 5

I've seen mention on this forum that Adobe and Nvidia are in some sort of collaboration/ joint venture. If so I doubt that they will recommend ATI (now a part of AMD).

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
              Kevin j uk Level 1

Thanks very useful this is what we need in the way of help

Thanksl

>>> GavinABE <forums@adobe.com> 08/04/2010 09:31 >>>

I use a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 and it works with every editing package, I did have to upgrade to the new drivers to run PrE8 overall very stable and solid card.

Maybe it is worth looking at downloading the following to programs which I fined very useful, they sort out many of the PC and harware problems

TuneUp Utilities2010 30day trial and Advanced SystemCare v3 free, I found that them invaluble , the one PC had display card problem and i ran both programs and my old NLE is work again

• 4. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
                Kevin j uk Level 1

Hi nealeh

But what do you use? lets put down hard wear that does work the more information the better.

One day we could all be using the same hard wear and then they would have no excuse!

>>> nealeh <forums@adobe.com> 08/04/2010 11:16 >>>

I've seen mention on this forum that Adobe and Nvidia are in some sort of collaboration/ joint venture. If so I doubt that they will recommend ATI (now a part of AMD).

Cheers,

--

Neale

• 5. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  I have A Asus ATI EAH4670 1G card, but this gives me jerky playing in the editing window, dispite updating all the drivers, It's ok with the driver that came with the card and no video driver but if I take the advise and up date it then it's jerky.

Can you tell us about the footage, that you are editing?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
                    Kevin j uk Level 1

Thanks Bill

But once again What are you using, a list of yours and Steve's spec would be a great guide for those up grading and comparing spec's. I know you guy's do a great job trying to sort the problem's out so thanks.

If those of you who are not having problems list it here, then we may be able to see what we need to get when we up grade

>>> Bill Hunt <forums@adobe.com> 08/04/2010 15:57 >>>

Can you tell us about the footage, that you are editing?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Kevin,

I am afraid that my specs would not be of that much use. The reason for that is that I am still on PrE 4, and PrPro 2.0, am on XP-Pro and edit SD material. I'll be glad to furnish my specs., but from the above, I think you'll agree that it's not much help to someone on Win7, PrE 8.0.1 and working with AVCHD, or other. Also, my vid-cards are a couple of years old, on both my laptop and my workstation. Both are nVidia, but rather different, and for different reasons (light 3D done on the workstation, along with heavy PS and NLE work).

Now, Steve, and others, might be able to provide more relevant specs., for PrE 8.0.1 and HD footage. Their specs. will be more "real-world" for contemporary users.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
                        nealeh Level 5

Kevin j uk wrote:

Hi nealeh

But what do you use? lets put down hard wear that does work the more information the better.

I have a Nvidia 8800GT on W7 Ultimate 64 bit with Q6600 Quad Core processor, 4GB ram, twin 500GB Sata drives, and a X-Fi Extreme Gamer sound card.

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale

• 9. Re: ATI or Nvidia Lets have it?
                          Kevin j uk Level 1

Well I gave up with the Asus ATI 4670, Asus treats you like fool and ATI don't even reply, so I went out and purcheased a GainWard GTS 250 Nvidia.

No problems with this so far fingers crossed.