3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 3:36 AM by chris00chris

Flash 4 mxmlc backwards compatibility with Flex 3

chris00chris

Hi,

I am trying to compile a Flex 3 project using the Flash Builder 4 SDK. When using Flash Builder 4 in Flex 3 Compatibility Mode the applications compiles and runs correctly (just about!).

However, when using mxmlc from the FB 4 SDK, this is not the case. The application will compile in non-Flex 3 compatibility mode, but there are many visual problems associated with this (and I don't want to have to upgrade the app to v4 just now). I then tried using the compatibility-version="3.5" flag, however I then get lots of errors like the following:

[mxmlc] Loading configuration file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\flex-config.xml
          [mxmlc] _Main_Styles.as: Error: The dependency mx.skins.spark.ScrollBarDownButtonSkin from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\sparkskins.swc has a minimum supported version of 4.0.0, which is higher than the compatibility version, 3.5.0.
          [mxmlc] _Main_Styles.as: Error: The dependency mx.skins.spark.DateChooserNextMonthSkin from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\sparkskins.swc has a minimum supported version of 4.0.0, which is higher than the compatibility version, 3.5.0.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get mxmlc to behave in the same way as the compiler in Flash Builder behaves, in terms of Flex 3 compatibility? Incidentally I am running mxmlc as an Ant task.

Many thanks,

Chris