• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I find my TOC pod that is open somewhere?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp HTML 7, I had a TOC pod open, but somehow it disappeared. I must have done some strange key stroke sequence or a weird click and drag by accident. I cannot find it anywhere. I have looked behind all the open pods, closed all pods, looked to see if it became a tab or a disappearing tab, etc. I am using two monitors and can't find it on either monitor. I know it's open somewhere because when I go to the Project Manager pod and double-click on that specific TOC, something in the RoboHelp window kind of flashes, which to me indicates it's already open somewhere. I have two TOCs. The other TOC is open and visible. I tried deleting my CPD file and reopening the project, but still have the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find and access my missing TOC?

UPDATE: I ended up recreating my inaccessible TOC, which presents another possible issue. (I'd still like to know how I could have found my inaccessible TOC.) The issue with the new TOC: I created another TOC in RoboHelp Project Manager with the same name as the one I couldn't access. Therefore, I had two TOCs in RoboHelp Project Manager with the same name in the TOC pod: "HEN (Default)" and "HEN (Default)" in addition to the other TOC I had called "HEN Quick Start."

I notice that when I make an update to one HEN (Default), the change appears in the other HEN (Default). Therefore, each of these HEN (Default) TOCs must be pointing to the same file, which is "HEN.hhc."

I'm afraid to delete one of them in my RoboHelp Project Manager pod fearing that deleting one will delete the HEN.hhc file. Does anyone see any issues with having two HEN (Default) TOCs in RoboHelp Project Manager?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Hi there

Normally when pods go missing I will advise as a first step to Load the Default Environment. That way you have a known to begin with.

To load the default environment in RoboHelp 7, click File > Load Default Environment.

tmp1.PNG

Once you get the default environment loaded you shouldn't have any problem opening the TOC pods.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the TOC's of your project are in the project manager tab, under Table of Contents. If you don't see that, click on Toggle project manager view (the folder with the globe).

Under Table of Contents, double click the toc you want to open.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello William,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know that's where the TOCs can be found. My issue was that when I clicked one of my TOCs in the Project Manager pod to open it, it would never appear. I could no longer access if or find out where it went. Any ideas? I ended up having to recreate it.

UPDATE: I just opened another RoboHelp project and have the same problem - I can't access my TOC!! In my Project Manager pod, under Table of Contents, I double-click the only Table of Content that is listed and it won't open. Since this is happening in more than one RoboHelp project, it appears that something in RoboHelp is keeping my TOC pods/windows from opening in view. I need help - this is terrible. Please re-read my original email for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Normally when pods go missing I will advise as a first step to Load the Default Environment. That way you have a known to begin with.

To load the default environment in RoboHelp 7, click File > Load Default Environment.

tmp1.PNG

Once you get the default environment loaded you shouldn't have any problem opening the TOC pods.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the best! Thanks so much - this fixed my problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is How can I keep my TOC pod open in my projects in RH8?

I have just upgraded from 7, where I could display my TOCs all the time. Now, in RH 8 I have to open them every time I open the project - not my preferred method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but Captiv8r gave me a solution last week 😉   It was a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lpatryas

The answer Captv8r gave you was about locating the TOC pod. The question now is about having it open when you open RH and the answer is you cannot, known problem.

Not sure why you have emphasised an "i" in Willam's name in an earlier post.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the "emphasized i" in Willam's name in a previous post, I inadvertantly spelled his name as William instead of Willam and someone crossed out the i in red. Not me. But, if that person hadn't have done that, I wouldn't have noticed that Willam's name doesn't have an i  🙂

I have no more questions - this issue is solved for me. Not sure where you get that I have had this problem, "having it open when you open RH and the answer is you cannot."

Thank you for responding. You are very knowledgeable and have helped me greatly in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mea Culpa on the emphasis.

Indeed it was a subtle way of attempting to point out the issue. I know it bothers Willam that nearly everyone misspells his name. The reason I know is because I did it myself when I first had an encounter with him.

Willam is a very nice guy and I try to assist when I can.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry for the confusion - I should have opened a new question.

I just found a thread through Help  where someone wanted the identical thing" That's what I wanted - the TOC editor open. RoboHelp used to do this until it was improved!"

Looks as if I must live with it until Adobe fixes it. Grrrrr!  And yes - I have submitted a feature request via link on Peter's page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp