• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not showing when published to a server

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish (WebHelp) to my hard drive the TOC shows up automatically.   When I publish to my shared server (or copy to the server) I need to click "Show" to get it to show.   In the past this hasn't happened.  I assume there is a simple setting I'm missing.

robohelp8Data.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you may have an incorrect call to your start page. Check the details

on Peter's site for calling webhelp http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  In checking the links I now find that the TOC is showing when I generate within Robohelp, but no matter where I place the files the TOC doesn't show when I link to the start.htm page.  Any ideas why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are linking to the default topic, not the start page. They are two different things. The start page is defined in the first field in the first page of the wizard. The default topic is selected further down that page.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, you are exactly right.  I see the start page as the name of my project.  Sometimes it's the little things that give us the biggest headaches.  Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp