8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 7:08 AM by varun bundel

    Embedded .swf file not working in Dreamweaver 8

    nredes

      Please help!  I feel I have tried everything that I know. I have an html file (created in Dreamweaver 8).  Embedded in that is a .swf file using SWFObject.  The original .fla file that the .swf file was created from references a xml document.  When I publish the movie to .swf, it previews fine in Flash (using Flash 8 professional) and even when I preview from Windows explorer.

       

      When I preview the html page in Dreamweaver, the .swf file doesn't work properly.  I have a hunch it has to do with file organization and directory issues, but I'm self taught and fairly new, and not sure how to fix this.

       

      Below are the following:

      • webpage with flash content
      • Actionscript code from Flash (showing only the pieces which reference the file locations)
      • Snapshot of files panel in Dreamweaver

       

      If anyone could please review these things and offer any advice, I would be GREATLY appreciative.  This was an existing website that someone else set up, and my work assigned me (an inexperienced person) to update the xml file.  I didn't know how it all worked, so things got rearranged, and now after researching so much, I basically know how it works, but I don't know how to put humpty dumpty back together again.

       

      Thank you!!!!!!

       

      Here is the webpage:

       

      http://www.sdsengineering.com

       

       

       

      Here is the Flash/Actionscript code:

       

       

       

      var myXML:XML = new XML();
      myXML.ignoreWhite = true;
      myXML.onLoad = processXML;
      myXML.load("xml/flashgallery.xml");


      ........

       
        mcLoader.loadClip("images/flashgallery/" +imageArray[i].myimage, gallery.holder0["image" +i]);
        mcLoader.loadClip("images/flashgallery/" +imageArray[i].myimage, gallery.holder1["image" +i]);

       

       

       

      And last, here is a snapshot image of my files panel in Dreamweaver showing how it is structured:

       

      Untitled-1.jpg