2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2010 10:42 AM by jlctom

question about message board with my banner

jlctom

Hi everyone,

With much help from people here I have nearly finished my site redesign. One of the things I wanted to achieve was to bring the message board (proboards) more within my site and to provide a links banner enabling people to jump straight from there back to anyother point on my site. I've achieved this up to a point  (see www.jlctrails.net) it works fine unless you login; when you do this it jumps away from my page and then obviously doesn't return you there.  To see what I mean try viewing it without loging in then login with these details:

User: test

Pass: test123

I'm sure this can be sorted but for the life of me I can't begin to think how so any thoughts would be very gratefully appreciated.

• 1. Re: question about message board with my banner
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, I do not believe that you will be able to accomplish this with your current setup.  The problem you are running into is that the pages are not staying within your frame.  The only way to keep it in your frame would be to make sure the target of the links in Proboards link only within that frame requiring you to access the source code which I am pretty sure you cannot do.  You could inquire with Proboards support if there is another option, or what they would recommend in your case.

Alternatively, after looking at your web host's website, I see that all of their plans allow for PHP and mySQL.  Have you considered running a forum yourself and not using outside hosting, then you would be able to match the template to fit into your own site and then you would the control you need and eliminate the ads that proboards forces on you.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: question about message board with my banner
            jlctom Level 1

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me, I was begining to think that his might be the case and had begun to look into the possibilities of running our own board (if only to get rid of the ads!)