6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2010 10:10 AM by Ann Bens

Downloading Movie Looks

DanaVideo

Has anyone had problems with the 3rd-party plug-in webpage?  I tried to download the Movie Looks plug-in and the download page takes you around in circles with trying to reregister Premiere which it says is already registered.

Please help!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Downloading Movie Looks
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Go to the RedGiantSoftware site.

• 2. Re: Downloading Movie Looks
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Is this a "goodie," or "bonus," that one now gets for registering? [Back in my day, I think that I got one free font, and it was one already included in AI. ]

Otherwise, I think that Harm has the best plan.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Downloading Movie Looks
              Dag Norum Level 2

Now, since this forum is filled up with people that are old-farts/grumps/alzheim's and further on, me included, although I look upon myself as an elephant, I think it's time for a history lesson:

Old days (at least 4 or 5 years ago): There was Magic Bullet Suite (for After Effects)

Then Premiere Pro 1.0 came: Movie Looks (based on the Suite, but far less advanced) was included (or could be downloaded) in order to get some interesting looks (from presets only) to your video.

At the same time (more or less) Red Giant Software introduced Magic Bullet Editors which was an editable version of Movie Looks. Both rendered like a horse running backwards.

Premiere Pro 1.5: Sort of same story until Magic Bullet Editors v2 came out that used the GPU on some graphics cards. Real time (more or less) rendering became possible,

Then, and that's were we are now, Magic Bullet Looks hits the marked. Whole new GUI, a bit slower than Editors v2, but who cares...

Amen:

The only one that shipped with Premiere for free has been the Movie Looks, and if the download link for that one has gone, it's quite natural (eh, digital).

Dag

PS!

• 4. Re: Downloading Movie Looks
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Available for 7 days only: Movie Looks and Five More Looks for Premiere 1.5.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/bFFQbUpUY1NwcFUwTVE9PQ

• 5. Re: Downloading Movie Looks
                  Dag Norum Level 2

Ann,

You posted version 1.1.1, and if I remember right, for Premiere Pro 1.5 there were some problems with v1.1.1, and therefor RG made v1.1.2.

RG also made a v1.1.3, for what reason I don't know, but still, I think v1.1.3 should be used.

I guess I could provide a DL-link, but I'm unsure on how RG looks upon that.

The Movie Looks is such a slow plugin, so I would rather recomend users of PPro 1.5 to get in contact with Red Giant and ask if it's possible to buy Magic Bullet Editors v2.

Dag

• 6. Re: Downloading Movie Looks
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is al i have and i do not remember having trouble with them.