2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2007 3:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

UK Based Director consultants

Mike Crisp
      Apologies if this is not an appropriate post... I am looking for a UK consultant to help me on a particular aspect of a project.

Essentially I know what I want to happen, I even have a good idea of what needs to be written, but I dont know how to write it correctly.

The main points are:
      I have 83 games, which the user can add to a planner (must add 4) - the name of the game should appear on screen after selection as an indication of what they have selected.
      The user may want to change which games have been added.
      When satisfied the user needs to print the 4 games they have added (using printomatic) (on to 2 x A4 landscape pages)
      This printout contains, A picture, Aims, Organisation, Coaching Points and Adaptation ideas which are drawn from cast members (i.e. not shown on screen)
      Dynamically change cast member contents - e.g. When the user selects the first game - this needs to automatically update
      Image_1 / Aim_1 / Organisation_1 / Coach_1etc etc.

When they select a second game, this should update Image_2 / Aim_2 / Organisation_2 / Coach_2 etc etc.

They also need to be able to save and open (using fileio) the contents of the plans they have created.

If this sounds like something you can do or would be interested in working on, please reply to this post and we can discuss further

Mike
        • 1. Re: UK Based Director consultants
          Level 7
          Hello Mike,

I am in the Netherlands, is that a problem for you?
          I have lots of experience in Director, and am currently available for new
          projects.

Have a look at www.looping.nl
          Unfortunately the website is in Dutch, but you will figure out the contact
          details I am sure.

Regards,
          Richard.

"Mike Crisp" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fcoect$8tl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Apologies if this is not an appropriate post... I am looking for a UK
          > consultant to help me on a particular aspect of a project.
          >
          > Essentially I know what I want to happen, I even have a good idea of what
          > needs to be written, but I dont know how to write it correctly.
          >
          > The main points are:
          > I have 83 games, which the user can add to a planner (must add 4) - the
          > name
          > of the game should appear on screen after selection as an indication of
          > what
          > they have selected.
          > The user may want to change which games have been added.
          > When satisfied the user needs to print the 4 games they have added (using
          > printomatic) (on to 2 x A4 landscape pages)
          > This printout contains, A picture, Aims, Organisation, Coaching Points and
          > Adaptation ideas which are drawn from cast members (i.e. not shown on
          > screen)
          > Dynamically change cast member contents - e.g. When the user selects the
          > first
          > game - this needs to automatically update
          > Image_1 / Aim_1 / Organisation_1 / Coach_1etc etc.
          >
          > When they select a second game, this should update Image_2 / Aim_2 /
          > Organisation_2 / Coach_2 etc etc.
          >
          > They also need to be able to save and open (using fileio) the contents of
          > the
          > plans they have created.
          >
          > If this sounds like something you can do or would be interested in working
          > on,
          > please reply to this post and we can discuss further
          >
          > Mike
          >

• 2. Re: UK Based Director consultants
            Level 7
            Mike Crisp said the following on 09/18/2007 12:56:

> Apologies if this is not an appropriate post... I am looking for a UK
            > consultant to help me on a particular aspect of a project.
            >
            > Essentially I know what I want to happen, I even have a good idea of what
            > needs to be written, but I dont know how to write it correctly.
            > [ ... snip ... ]

It sounds like work we have carried out ourselves between educational projects
            and we should be able to deliver promptly. To get an idea of what we've done
            in the past have a look at http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk

Cheers,

Glyn

--
            Glyn Royds .-=^=-. Xavier Educational Software Limited
            Special Software for Special Needs
            http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/
            ... Thesaurus: ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary.
            The disclaimer is foisted on me by the mail server. Sorry.