3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2010 2:50 PM by Ned Murphy

New Flash designer in need of help

NathanBone

Hi All,

Wondered if I could pick your brains, I am trying to generate a piece of code that stops the animation at a point I want it to, then by pressing the 'space bar' or another key will prompt the animation to start again. I have tried to write this piece of code, but it does not work. Any tips or advice would be greatfully received.

Many thanks

Nathan

----------------------------

stop ();

on (release. keyPress "<Space>") {play ();

}

• 1. Re: New Flash designer in need of help
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

"on" code belongs on objects, not on the timeline, but using code on objects is not a recommended practice.  Try using the following code in the timeline instead...

stop ();

var keyListener:Object = new Object();
          Key.addListener(keyListener);

keyListener.onKeyUp = function(){
          if(Key.getCode() == 32){  // space key
            play();
          }
          }

• 2. Re: New Flash designer in need of help
            NathanBone Level 1

Hi Fella,

Sorry to bug you, its not work the way I want it to. I have pasted the code into frame 11 of the file I am working on. I am trying to do a series of bullet points to for a presentation I am working on.

The code stops the animation, but no keyboard clicks start it again :@( any ideas? However the spacebar and return key takes me to different slides within the file.

Thanks

Nathan

• 3. Re: New Flash designer in need of help
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The code I provided will do what you indicated you want it to do.  You probably have other code that also reacts to using the keyboard... otherwise, nothing should happen if you don't.

1 person found this helpful