1 2 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 12:37 PM by David_Powers

A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

David_Powers Adobe Community Professional

Details of Dreamweaver CS5 have been released today. As the author of a forthcoming book, I've had the opportunity to use the new version for some time, and have posted a personal review on my blog at http://foundationphp.com/blog/2010/04/12/dreamweaver-cs5-is-good-news-for-php-devs/.

My main interest lies in PHP, and my book is about using PHP in Dreamweaver, so that's the main focus of my review, but it's also one of the main features of this new version. For designers, the improvements to Live View, and the introduction of CSS Inspect are probably the most important new features.

• 1. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
          pziecina Level 6

Hi David

First, thank you for the review, to which I would only add that a html5 tag library 'extension' is also available from a dreamweaver user, see - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607931?tstart=0, and as CS5 includes the html5 doctype this should be all that a user requires in order to create html5 pages.

The real question though is would I buy Dreamweaver CS5 if I did not wish to 'update' some of my other products to CS5, unfortunately in my case the answer would be no.

I can understand why the dreamweaver team have not updated the php/mysql server model, or included the alternatives as separate server models, in that it would not only cause confusion for the dreamweaver users that do not know the difference between them, but would also lead to the inevitable; "why does this not work on my current site" or "why does extension, x,y,z, no longer work with server model php::pdo", as examples.

UPDATE: They will have to do this soon though, otherwise they cannot seriously call dreamweaver a 'professional' web design/development tool.

As for integration with wordpress, etc. for me, (and I suspect many others) this is something I would use zend or an alternative php development environment for, although the php code improvements/introspection will be something I may possibly use more than I would think, (I will not need to switch between applications as often).

Paula

Message was edited by: pziecina

• 2. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
            osgood_ Level 8

Hummmm looks rather disappointing again! again! again!

Has the css rendering in design view been improved from version CS4? I'm finding that is just awful at the moment in CS4, worse than MX2004.

• 3. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
              Ben M Adobe Community Professional

David,

I've tried searching, but maybe you know the answer having worked with it for months.  Is it still shipping with Spry 1.6.1?  It's been over 2 years since the last update (2/23/08) and the changelog  (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/ChangeLog.html )shows the 1.7 release in ??/??/2008 and it's obviously been past 2008 for some time now. And to be fair the only page I found mentioning Spry was with enchanced Code Assist ( http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/features/ ).

I've already moved to Project Seven for the menus and other functionality (and their products are top-notch for anyone who hasn't tried them), so I guess it's time to move on from the other Spry functions, any suggestions on a more up to date and compliant dataset replacement?

• 4. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                Stuart Haiz Level 1

SnakEyez

How do the P7 menus compare with some of the jQuery widgets or plugins?

• 5. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

pziecina wrote:

Hi David

First, thank you for the review, to which I would only add that a html5 tag library 'extension' is also available from a dreamweaver user, see - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607931?tstart=0, and as CS5 includes the html5 doctype this should be all that a user requires in order to create html5 pages.

OK. I'll check that out.

As for integration with wordpress, etc. for me, (and I suspect many others) this is something I would use zend or an alternative php development environment

Dreamweaver CS5 is far better for that than Zend Studio. I like Zend Studio a lot, but Dreamweaver's advantage is you get all of DW's design features, plus the PHP IDE. Zend wins as far as debugging, profiling, and other advanced features are concerned; but it's mainly a programming environment. Dreamweaver is ideal for designers who also need to do some programming.

• 6. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

osgood_ wrote:

Has the css rendering in design view been improved from version CS4? I'm finding that is just awful at the moment in CS4, worse than MX2004.

If you're not interested in PHP, there might not be much for you, although Live View, CSS Inspect, and the ability to toggle style rules on and off are all very useful to the CSS-savvy designer. Design view remains essentially the same. All the effort is now being put into Live View and BrowserLab integration.

• 7. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

SnakEyez02 wrote:

I've tried searching, but maybe you know the answer having worked with it for months.  Is it still shipping with Spry 1.6.1?

It's still Spry 1.6.1. Apparently, there are some bits of 1.7.0 in new widgets, but you need to download them from the Exchange through a new Widget Browser. At the moment, there are only 4 widgets available, none of which appeal to me. Maybe it will get better.

As for P7, I would say there's no comparison. Their products are outstanding. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

• 8. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                        Stephen Cox Level 1

It's PHP 5.2? No jQuery or Mootoos, Proto (etc, etc). And the server behaviors are STILL restricted to MySQL (no SQLite?)

So in other words, I'm to spend 199.00 (upgrade price) to replace something that Coda (69.00) does? And Coda isn't restricted to PHP 5.2. I understand that only the SB's are PHP 5.2, but come on, really.. what does DW do for the programmer?

IMHO, nothing. It's now a pure design tool and the point is not to write code. And that's cool. That's the direction Adobe wants to take. But 199.00 is WAY to high. Actually the pricing for CS5 is ridiculous. I can't image paying the list for a new version. And BrowserLab - online at the Adobe site? I'm sure there's a monthly cost for the service? And no HTML5 or CSS3 at all! I could go on.. but I am disappointed with the upgrade. I've had DW's on my systems  since version 2, back in the Macromedia days. These days I hardly use it, save for code formatting. I was hoping Adobe would make it relevant to me, again. And I mean more then code hinting (which does look nice - but I can get that with MANY other tools).

CMS support? Nice.. except useless if you don't use a CMS.

Frankly I develop web apps. I write code. Adobe has been marginalizing me for years. This time I'll stop paying attention and let my old tool go.

• 9. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                          pziecina Level 6

Hi David

I have just been reviewing a few of the php features on the adobe website and I noticed that the 'second section' of the code hinting video showed a mysqli exception class, (you have to be quick otherwise you miss this). The page is - http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/whatsnew/, click on the image for "PHP custom class code hinting" and it is about 6secs into the video.

My question is - If I create a php/mysqli connection extension for dreamweaver (already have a pdo connection extension), as this is the simple part of creating 'custom' php connections extensions in order to 'show' the database structure, would CS5 then show me my custom php class recordset.insert/update etc. code for insert and show this in the server behaviors or another panel, (showing the behavior in a panel is not as important but would possibly make extension development for pdo and mysqli much easier).

PZ

• 10. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

cragthehack wrote:

It's PHP 5.2? No jQuery or Mootoos, Proto (etc, etc). And the server behaviors are STILL restricted to MySQL (no SQLite?)

So in other words, I'm to spend 199.00 (upgrade price) to replace something that Coda (69.00) does? And Coda isn't restricted to PHP 5.2. I understand that only the SB's are PHP 5.2, but come on, really.. what does DW do for the programmer?

No, the code hinting and documentation is 5.2. You can use Dreamweaver CS5 to write any version of PHP you like.

If you are a programmer, use a different tool. If you are a web designer, who also programs, Dreamweaver CS5 combines the best of both worlds. I have used Zend Studio a lot, and found it indispensible when working with Zend Framework and my own PHP classes. However, the new features in CS5 mean I can now use the Zend Framework and my own classes with ease in Dreamweaver.

Forget server behaviors. They are an anachronism. I don't see Adobe rushing to remove them, but I doubt if they will be updated.

• 11. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                              Stephen Cox Level 1

Setting up path for code hinting to search? That would be something...

• 12. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                osgood_ Level 8

David_Powers wrote:

osgood_ wrote:

If you're not interested in PHP, there might not be much for you, although Live View, CSS Inspect, and the ability to toggle style rules on and off are all very useful to the CSS-savvy designer. Design view remains essentially the same. All the effort is now being put into Live View and BrowserLab integration.

Well browserLab I must admit is very good but I don't like the idea of its going to be a paid for feature (so I won't be using it in future). DW costs enough already so it should be a FREE service for loyal customers.

Don't know about the other stuff. I seem to do pretty well without all this css inspect/toggle stuff. Essentailly its not needed and is no great attraction for me at least.

• 13. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From what you said in your blog...

I think Adobe was sending a clear signal that it’s not in the business of creating server behaviors to automate the generation of server-side code. It’s leaving that market to extension developers like WebAssist,

I am going to buy CS5 Master anyway, to get Premiere/Encore + Photoshop + Acrobat but it looks like something like Webassist PowerStore is going to be the product I need to buy to upgrade my wife's simple web store (which I wrote using a text editor) to include a full featured shopping cart instead of the limited PayPal shopping cart she uses now... which does not include a UPS shipping calculator based on weight and distance

Oh well... maybe I'll be able to use Dreamweaver to "spiff up" other parts of her store www.direct2usales.com

• 14. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

pziecina wrote:

If I create a php/mysqli connection extension for dreamweaver (already have a pdo connection extension), as this is the simple part of creating 'custom' php connections extensions in order to 'show' the database structure, would CS5 then show me my custom php class recordset.insert/update etc. code for insert and show this in the server behaviors or another panel, (showing the behavior in a panel is not as important but would possibly make extension development for pdo and mysqli much easier).

No, it won't show it in the Server Behaviors panel or any other panel, but it will give you full code hinting for your custom class in Code view. When I say "full code hinting" that doesn't include the creation of documentation from PHPDoc-style comments, but you get full access to all your public properties and methods. As long as you use meaningful names for your parameters in the function signatures, your classes should be self-documenting.

The custom class doesn't even need to be in the same page or directly linked to the page. The following screenshot was taken using Site-Specific Code hints for a custom class called Pos_Date. After creating the object, Dreamweaver CS5 automatically provided full code hints for all methods, and indicates where the class is defined.

custom_class.jpg

For anyone who does serious coding, this is a massive improvement.

• 15. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

osgood_ wrote:

Well browserLab I must admit is very good but I don't like the idea of its going to be a paid for feature (so I won't be using it in future). DW costs enough already so it should be a FREE service for loyal customers.

It is free if you upgrade. If you decide not to, then you'll eventually have to pay (at least that's the information I have at the moment).

• 16. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                        pziecina Level 6

Hi David

The custom class doesn't even need to be in the same page or directly linked to the page.

Just to clear thing up, (for me) if I have a custom library of classes for pdo, and include these by default in my dreamweaver site folder set-up. Can I have these as my 'custom' class library and have dreamweaver automatically reference these as the base class?

PZ

• 17. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                          Stephen Cox Level 1

And what about functions? Say if I'm not using classes, but have a php file of functions? DW will ref that in the code hints?

• 18. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                            Robin Ainscough Level 1

David,

Appreciate the review and new book, but PHP is not really of that much interest to me and PHP 5 still doesn't have Unicode support.  Since PHP 6 has been pushed back, it probably would be more strategically meaningful (at least from a end user/consumers perspective) to wait for PHP 6.

The web (for the most part) is about presentation (the GUI) ... and this is where many web development tools simply just fail and continue to do so.  HTML 5 actually has more reliance on CSS and given that CSS 3 (not yet finalized) is still only a Style language not really a layout language, there will continue to be a slew of existing issues requiring multi-browser (and versions within those browsers) adjustments.  We have Gecko, WebKit, Presto, etc. and none really 100% CSS 2.1 compliant.

BrowserLab is interesting (a good idea, but paid service beyond cost of CS5 is a difficult sell), but only if it keeps up with the ever increasing browsers and those updates that are applied to those browsers -- I just can't see this as being a realistic expectation and able to get the job done.  When broswers versions are updated/fixed, most web developers need to be ready to deploy code changes almost immediately -- that's why we get Betas and hope.  I doubt BrowserLab is going to updated fast enough to keep up with this ever changing mess of inconsistancy that web developers are submerged in.

To this date, I still can't do a simple task of putting a background image in Table's row without have issues with individual cells contents.  There are ways to work around the issues that will come up for each browser, but DW can't deal with them in Design view and doesn't do anything to warn the developer or generate appropriate code to handle the problem.

And the DW CS5 layout (Design/Split/Code) views seems completely unchanged ... everything should be consistant and relative to the task being performed ... Classic view, web developer view, etc. etc. really shouldn't exist -- a well designed interface wouldn't have the need for these "views".  Way too many tabs ontop of tabs with top tabs, side tabs, tab city!  And still no 64bit support on the Mac side.

I think DW CS5 should have:

1.  Waited for CSS 3 and PHP 6 finalization

2.  Added more basic tools beyond Spry's limited set

3.  Completely re-work the interface and add context efficiency

4.  64bit support to improve performance

I also believe it would be better for Adobe to stop the release ALL products at once strategy as this seems to artifically limit features and improvements to the individual products.  I think Adobe would do better with revenue sources if they offered yearly subscription packages and just release products as they naturally fill their feature/improvement cycle rather than releasing now because another product in their suite is ready to go.

Rob.

• 19. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

pziecina wrote:

Just to clear thing up, (for me) if I have a custom library of classes for pdo, and include these by default in my dreamweaver site folder set-up. Can I have these as my 'custom' class library and have dreamweaver automatically reference these as the base class?

Site-specific code hints are hints, nothing more. For your scripts access the class, it will still need to be loaded into the script in the normal way through require_once, unless you have created an __autoload() function.

The advantage of the site-specific code hints is that you still get hints for functions and classes that are loaded automatically. However, the autoloading has to be done by normal PHP methods.

• 20. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

cragthehack wrote:

And what about functions? Say if I'm not using classes, but have a php file of functions? DW will ref that in the code hints?

Yes, as my blog article says: "Dreamweaver CS5 is capable of code introspection, so it builds code  hints on the fly for your own functions and classes, as well as for  third-party libraries, such as the Zend Framework."

• 21. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                  AdVirgin Level 1

The CS4 DW upgrade was a profound dissappointment. And the reviews I've read indicate CS5 is not much of an improvement, and certainly not worth the cost.

• 22. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

Robin Ainscough wrote:

I think DW CS5 should have:

1.  Waited for CSS 3 and PHP 6 finalization

2.  Added more basic tools beyond Spry's limited set

3.  Completely re-work the interface and add context efficiency

4.  64bit support to improve performance

The web is constantly evolving. Adobe needs to make products that answer current needs. CSS3 is unlikely to be finalized for about 10 years. The  CSS2.1 specification was published in 2002, but it's still only at the "Candidate Recommendation" stage. PHP 6 could also be several years away.

I don't know what Adobe's plans are for Spry, but it can't really catch up with jQuery and other far more popular libraries.

There is no 64-bit version of Dreamweaver, neither for Mac nor for Windows. If you have ideas about what you would like to see in future versions of Dreamweaver, file a feature request through the form at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform. As I understand it, work has already begun on Dreamweaver CS6, so now's the time to get in your suggestions.

• 23. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

AdCowboyCD wrote:

The CS4 DW upgrade was a profound dissappointment. And the reviews I've read indicate CS5 is not much of an improvement, and certainly not worth the cost.

Nobody forces you to buy the new version. As far as I know, a 30-day free trial will be made available shortly after the new version goes on sale. Try it. If it doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it. The decision is entirely yours.

• 24. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                        Stephen Cox Level 1

"code introspection" sound nice. That alone might be worth the upgrade. I can't think of another editor (on mac) that does that. Even Zend Studio has issues with that.

• 25. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                          Stephen Cox Level 1

PHP 6 is too far away. But i am surprised that they targeted 5,2.* instead of 5.3.*.5.3.* is pretty much the standard now. Frankly I don' see why DW should even care what version of PHP you are running. It should be, point DW to your PHP and off you go.

• 26. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

cragthehack wrote:

i am surprised that they targeted 5,2.* instead of 5.3.*.5.3.* is pretty much the standard now. Frankly I don' see why DW should even care what version of PHP you are running. It should be, point DW to your PHP and off you go.

It's only the code hints that are limited to 5.2. You can run whatever version of PHP you want. The only difference is that you don't get hints for a handful of new functions that were added to 5.3. Most of the changes in 5.3 involved things like namespaces and lamda functions. It's possible that the syntax checking will report an error if you're using a feature that didn't exist before, but I've had no problem in using CS5 with PHP 5.3 for several months.

The reason for basing it on 5.2 is very simple. The code hints include the full PHP documentation. At the time CS5 was being developed, the PHP 5.3 documentation was only in draft form. The code hints in Dreamweaver have a direct link to the equivalent page in the online documentation, so you can get the latest information if it has changed (unlikely).

• 27. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                              Stephen Cox Level 1

Fair enough David. Thanks.

You've calmed me down. I still don't think DW is a must have for a guy (like me) who spends most of his time in the code. But I will take a look at it now.

How's the performance on the a mac?

• 28. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                tangolocoxoxo

In an earlier message I asked:

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

There is no way to create an inline style for a table that I've been able to find (without coding it).  There is no CSS view of the Property Inspector for a table.  So how do you format a table so that most email clients will accept it? 

And you responded:

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

To answer your question, the Targeted Rule field is accessible only in ordinary text. It is not available in tables. So this does unfortunately mean that the only way of adding an inline style to table elements (and other elements, such as images, that have dedicated Property inspectors) is through Code view.

Did this get fixed?

• 29. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                  Robin Ainscough Level 1

Yeah I think you might be right on the PHP 6 and CSS 3 several years out, but that's more of a reason to go with a subscription based model, especially given this "BrowserLab" feature -- roll both up into subscription.  The universal constant for web development seems to be rapid change, the tools (DW, VS, etc.) just aren't keeping up -- agree Spry is aged, but again, more of a reason to go subscription and keep CS5 the most up to date web dev tool on the market.

I'll toss in my 2 cents at the suggestion box.  I can only hope they move away from this "suite release" concept and go with more releases on a yearly subscription basis.  Who knows, maybe they'll even drop the Tab-o-rama interface and go with a UI that adjusts to current context rather than having bits and pieces all over the place.

Cheers, Rob

• 30. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                    Virgil Palanciuc

Thanks David for the review, and for answering all the questions.

I just wanted to make something clear about the documentation - the code hinting tooltips are completely offline, meaning the content was "up to date" at some moment in time (November 2009 IIRC), but it doesn't automatically get updated if it's changed on the php.net site; You are correct that it includes a direct link - I just wanted to clarify to everybody that the "direct link" does not mean that the tooltip content is somehow "linked" (i.e. "identical") with the php.net site, it just means that the tooltips also contain a hyperlink that you can click on if you wish to read the full documentation on the php.net site; clicking the link will open a page in your web browser.

That being said - most of the documentation that we've included is fairly stable and unlikely to change too much

• 31. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                      Paevo Kelley Level 2

Nice review, David. I, for one, am excited that Adobe has chosen to integrate DW with Joomla and other CMS. I found the ADDT thing to be a frustrating mess created for programmers, not designers. Creating applications from scratch should not be the pursuit of the independent web designer, and WebAssist shrewdly understands this. The additional PHP support with help to strengthen knowledge of dynamic applications without forcing the designer to reinvent the wheel. Let's hope that this trend continues with CS6 (though I may buy CS5)...

• 32. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                        Stephen Cox Level 1

Ok David... you were right.

I take back all the crap I said. DW CS5 is, well - damn good. I've been using it for a few hours. First thing I noticed is the speed (I'm running a 6 month old tricked out  macbook pro 17" - 8g RAM, running 64bit Snow Leopard). This thing is at least 3 times faster then DW CS4. At least.

I spend all my time in the code. So I haven't even begun to explore the other elements of the application. But it's a damn fine text editor with some cool features. I have to admit, I am pleased with it.

Next time I'll be sure not to put my foot in my mouth. Thanks.

Now a few questions:

1. Did the CSS Styles Panel change? Something is different about it, but I can't put my finger on it (besides the speed increase).

2. Is there a way to turn off elements of the UI? Like the Address bar and such? Not that I won't use them occasionally. (never mind, found it).

3. (PHP)  You mentioned that DW would reference functions (and classes?) included (using include() or require() )? Is this still the case? If so, I haven't seen it yet. Is there something special I have to setup?

• 33. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                          Stephen Cox Level 1

More questions.

I see DW CS5 is using the old (php) mysql model. Is that set in stone? No mysqli?

• 34. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

cragthehack wrote:

Ok David... you were right.

What can I say?

1. Did the CSS Styles Panel change? Something is different about it, but I can't put my finger on it (besides the speed increase).

The only change is that you can temporarily disable properties by clicking to the left of the property name.

disable_property.jpg

2. Is there a way to turn off elements of the UI? Like the Address bar and such? Not that I won't use them occasionally. (never mind, found it).

For the benefit of others who might not have found it, View > Toolbars > Browser Navigation.

3. (PHP)  You mentioned that DW would reference functions (and classes?) included (using include() or require() )? Is this still the case? If so, I haven't seen it yet. Is there something special I have to setup?

As long as the functions or classes are included in the main file, you get code hints for them by pressing Ctrl+Spacebar. With classes, you get a code hint after typing new or using the -> operator.

You can also set up Site-Specific Code Hints for an external library, such as the Zend Framework. I have created a video tutorial for Adobe TV about PHP code hinting in CS5. It wasn't among the huge number of videos released yesterday, but I'm told it should probably go live next week. It demonstrates just about everything you need to know about PHP code hints in 6 or 7 minutes.

• 35. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

cragthehack wrote:

I see DW CS5 is using the old (php) mysql model. Is that set in stone? No mysqli?

Correct. Server behaviors are not going away, but they're not going anywhere either.

I'm currently writing Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP: Training from the Source. The fact that it's published by Adobe Press, and contains only one chapter devoted to server behaviors should tell you a lot. For the sake of clarity, Adobe didn't tell me what to write. I asked if they would object to me confining server behaviors to one chapter, and devoting the rest to the Zend Framework and WordPress. The answer was that the balance was right.

Server behaviors are not suitable for a production environment without considerable customization. Frameworks and CMSs provide much greater flexibility and functionality.

• 36. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                                Stephen Cox Level 1

"Server behaviors are not suitable for a production environment without considerable customization. Frameworks and CMSs provide much greater flexibility and functionality."

I agree.Is there anything special DW does with Zend? Also by Zend, you mean PEAR as well?

• 37. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                                  Stephen Cox Level 1

Also, the killer feature (from my point of view) is Live View. I know CS4 had something like it. But this one actually works with PHP.

• 38. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5
                                                                                    pziecina Level 6

Hi

Whilst I agree partially with this statement, (the frameworks) -

"Server behaviours are not suitable for a production environment without considerable customization. Frameworks and CMSs provide much greater flexibility and functionality."

Everyone should be aware of the security problems associated with using 'open source' CMS systems and there vulnerability, as these are just as vulnerable, (and in many respects more so, as everyone and anyone has access to the code) than the standard dreamweaver server behaviours.

One should also be aware of the excessive size of these for use in small web sites, (in Mb) which can often cause them to run slower than the 'procedural' code that was previously used in standard behaviours.

PZ

• 39. Re: A review of some of the new features in DW CS5

cragthehack wrote:

I agree.Is there anything special DW does with Zend? Also by Zend, you mean PEAR as well?

I don't use PEAR, but I'm sure it works fine with CS5.

Dreamweaver doesn't do anything special with Zend Framework, but Site-Specific Code Hints make it very easy to use. Most ZF class names are interminably long, but code hints make them easy to type, particularly if you work out your own shortcuts. Typing dma after the new keyword automatically selects Zend_Mail.

1 2 Previous Next