1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 3:08 PM by the_wine_snob

Show Video Dates

I'm using Premiere Elements 7, can you tell me how to make the dates show up on my video within elements? The date and time stamps are on my video camera and show on playback, yet I cann't figure out how to get them to show up in Elements. Please help!

• 1. Re: Show Video Dates
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how things are done in PrE.

Maybe our trusted MOD, Steve Grisetti, will move this out to the main forum for you, so that you will be able to get more feedback, as few people come here, unless they are looking for a particular article. Even then, they usually arrive via a link, so will never see your post.

Now, if what you wish to have is the date/time burned into the Video, like with old VHS camcorders, that is most easily set up in cameras, that allow for that. Many will just display that data in the monitor, and not actually add it to the Video, but you will need to check with your specific camera, to see what it can do.

Also, your could use another program, DVDate, to add the date to the footage.

PrE does not have that capability built-in. You could, however, do something like an Upper-third, or Lower-third, and just make a Title with the date. It will not update, and will need to be added manually. it will also not show the time incrementing.

PrPro and AfterEffects have a TimeCode Effect, that will give a running time on screen, but that is not what you want.

Good luck,

Hunt