4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 5:05 PM by bobba1

Flash Builder Pro 4 stand-alone vs CS5 master collection

bobba1 Level 1

Hello,

A "forward looking" question for Adobe re: Flash Builder Pro and CS5 Master collection.

I installed Flash Builder 4 pro as a stand alone when it launched in March. Today I ordered CS5 Master Collection (which includes FB4, but not pro I believe). Two questions

• When I install CS5 MC, I assume there will be a box for FB which I should uncheck for the CS5 MC install, otherwise I assume that the FB4 that comes with CS5 MC would overwrite my FB4 pro that I installed in March. Relatedly, if I do this, I want to make sure that I'll still be able to take advantage of connected suite features (eg roundtripping between my standalone FB4 pro and Flash Pro CS5) -- is that right, or do I need to handle the CS5 MC install differently?
      • I assume CS5 MC comes with latest flash player, but also know I need Flash Player debug to run FB4 Pro correctly. Is there anything special I need to do when installing CS5 MC to make sure I have the latest version of the Flash debug player that FB4 pro needs?

Thanks for any thoughts, Adobe -- and looking forward to CS5 MC!

Best,

Bob