1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 6:13 PM by 370H55V

Whenever I try to print a pdf document I get a message saying there  a runtime error, I have adobe r

big sir

Whenever I try to print a PDF document, I get a message indicating there is a runtime error, and for me to contact you. My system is Adobe reader 9.3

• 1. Re: Whenever I try to print a pdf document I get a message saying there  a runtime error, I have adobe r
          370H55V Level 4

A runtime error is a computer error that appears in the form  of a message box consisting of a particular code along with its  corresponding definitions. Usually, a user will notice that the computer  becomes noticeably slow before a runtime error appears.

After the runtime error message has been displayed and closed, the software that shows this error would  normally close or freeze. In some cases, the operating system will  reboot.

A wide variety of errors cause these problems. These include:

• conflicts between the TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident Program)
          • currently running applications
          • software issues
          • memory problems
          • and harmful applications such as computer viruses

With this, the procedures necessary to correct this type of error  differs from one case to another. If the runtime error you are  experiencing were caused by a TSR then you can simply use the "end task"  function of the Task Manager.

If you consequently encounter a runtime error  that is persistent, the software that displays the error message has  certain issues and problems. You can resolve this problem by visiting  the website of the software's developer and downloading and installing  all the updates and patches needed for the smooth running of the  software. However, if you have already installed all updates and patches  and the runtime error message still appears, you can opt to uninstall  and reinstall the program.

Another type of runtime error is usually caused by memory issues. In  this case, it is a good idea to first contact the developer of the  application that caused the error message. More often than not, they can  provide you with a possible set of solutions. But if their given  solutions cannot resolve the issues, you need to contact the  manufacturer of your computer or motherboard and ask for a technician or  someone from the company who can assess your hardware.

A different type of runtime error is caused by harmful programs such  as viruses and other malicious processes. These harmful programs are  capable of altering the computer's settings. With this, they are very  much capable of generating runtime errors. In order to prevent runtime  errors that are caused by such malicious programs, you need to  frequently update your antivirus software. If your PC does  not have a good software security program, you need to install one and scan your computer for possible threats  to the stability of your system and the security of your private data.

What all that means is: There is something in the Adobe Reader that is not functioning properly once it is opened.

The best way to resolve this is to:

1. Uninstall Reader (using the Control Panel).

2. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe)

3. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the installer for Reader 9 (and previous versions if they are still installed).

4. Download and install a new copy of Reader, and update it (if required) to 9.3.1.