3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 5:11 PM by experiementaledits

Help, CS4 issues, black clips, missing codecs, etc...

experiementaledits Level 1

Im using cs4 production premium (w latest updates) on windows 7, and when i import an ae composition into premiere and put it on a timeline its just black, even though the little thumbnail on the clip shows the footage. I have the AE project open that im importing from, no difference. I also tried rendering it under a few different codecs and it just shows black. The codec im using, lagarith, is missing though, so i dont know if thats part of the problem.

I also tried exporting it, in which lagarith does show, but media encoder crashes, which then locks premiere where i have to crash it free my computer up. This is unbelievable that a company could make money off such a shoddy product, i must be in the wrong business.

• 1. Re: Help, CS4 issues, black clips, missing codecs, etc...
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm not clear if you are using Adobe Dynamic Link to transfer your AE Comp to a PrPro Project, or Exporting/Importing, or have tried it both ways. Also, what is the PrPro Project/Sequence Preset and how does that match with the AE Comp's and the Export settings?

I am really puzzled that in one statement, you mention not having Lagarith, but then said that you used it.

The codec im using, lagarith, is missing though, so i dont know if thats part of the problem.

If it is missing, then how are you using it?

Maybe I am just easily confused today?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Help, CS4 issues, black clips, missing codecs, etc...
            Harm Millaard Level 7
            This is unbelievable that a company could make money off such a shoddy product, i must be in the wrong business.

I think you are right, at least partly. It definitely is not a shoddy product, it only looks that way to people who make OE's and then they are in the wrong business.

How do you expect anything to work, when:

The codec im using, lagarith, is missing though, so i dont know if thats part of the problem.

Of course that is part of the problem. What do you think happens when you have a meeting at the other side of town and you plan to go by car and at the last moment figure out you have no car?

• 3. Re: Help, CS4 issues, black clips, missing codecs, etc...
              experiementaledits Level 1

Originally i was trying to relink footage using an ae comp, but ive tried just importing with dynamic link and it doesnt work either. Lagarith is missing in the video preview options, but its in the export options. Both comps are set at 1920x1080p 30fps. Lagarith is installed on my system fine, and cs3 read it correctly, what can i do to get premiere to read its presence?