3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 4:32 PM by Archon68

Upgrade To Flash CS5 from Master Collection CS4?

Archon68

Hi.  I've never really posted here before, so if this is the wrong forum, please tell me.

I have the Adobe CS4 Master Collection and I'm interested in purchasing Flash CS5 by itself, rather than the entire Master Collection.  I want to get the upgrade discount, but I was wondering if I can only upgrade from the version I have.  (e.g. Master CS4 --> Master CS5 ; Design Premium CS4 --> Design Premium CS5)

So, if I buy the upgrade version of Flash CS5, will I be able to install it?  I realize this is kind of a stupid question, but you never know how a company will try to steal your money.

• 1. Re: Upgrade To Flash CS5 from Master Collection CS4?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you look at the requirements for upgrading Flash alone, as long as the version of Flash you own is shown as eligible, that's all you need for the upgrade.  You are not required to buy the entire set again.

• 2. Re: Upgrade To Flash CS5 from Master Collection CS4?
            Rothrock Level 5

I'm not sure that is correct. In my experiences if you only own Flash (or Photoshop) as part of the Master Collection you will have to ugrade the entire Master Collection. Maybe the Master collection is different, but this is what I've experiences with Web Premium and with Design premium.

I just went to the products section and this is what is shown for upgrades:

Upgrade from Adobe Flash CS4 Professional or CS3 Professional or Macromedia Flash Professional 8 or Basic 8

I think the serial you have for your Master Collection will not be recognized as any of those, so it won't work. I would contact Adobe to be sure...

If you do have an older stand alone Flash then you could possibly use it.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Upgrade To Flash CS5 from Master Collection CS4?
              Archon68 Level 1

Hmm...

I'll contact Adobe, then.  I used to have a copy of Flash CS3, but I'm not sure if I still have it or not.  I'll check and see.

Thanks for the help.