3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 4:49 PM by the_wine_snob

Automated flying images effect

pfield69 Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to produce an effect to add to a photo dvd title page.

I would like all the images to fly out of the centre of the screen twisting and tumbling (a bit like the starfield screen saver or warp speed effect).

It will take ages to do each line at a time so I was looking for a plugin or something to speed up the process.

I'm using Premiere & After Effect CS4 for a PC

thanks

• 1. Re: Automated flying images effect
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I would anticipate that there are AE Expressions, already written, that would do pretty much what you want to do.

If you have not done so, I would post to the AE forum, and you'll probably get several recs. for similar Expressions, either free ones, or for sale. Also, since you are ending up using this as a DVD Menu, you might want to see this SITE for some tips, and ideas. [Note: looks like Jon's site is down today, but check back.]

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Automated flying images effect
            pfield69 Level 1

Thanks Bill (again), you so quick I haven't had chance to post to the AE forum yet.

• 3. Re: Automated flying images effect
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I just happened to be leaving another thread, when yours popped up on my screen.

I understand the tedium of doing that sort of thing by hand in PrPro. Most of my animations are simple enough, that I do not use AE as much as I should. For what you describe, I'd be looking for an Expression, or plug-in too!

Give Jon Geddes' site a day, or two, and do have a look. He's the AE to Encore Menu guru on the Encore forum - man, I hope that he's not dumped his site.

Good luck,

Hunt