2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 8:23 AM by pixlor

Importing flash files to fireworks

kiwipom99

How do you import Flash movie files to Fireworks?  I have tried everything and the only way I seem to be able to do this is to convert the swf file to an animated gif.  However, when I import the gif, it loses a lot of quality for some reason...

I'm desperate for an answer, if anybody can help by advising either how to import swf or flash files or how to improve the quality of a animated gif when importing to Fireworks I would be very, very grateful.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Importing flash files to fireworks
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

You can't import Flash files into Fireworks. You'll need to add them to your page in Dreamweaver.

• 2. Re: Importing flash files to fireworks
            pixlor Level 4

Linda Nicholls wrote:

You can't import Flash files into Fireworks. You'll need to add them to your page in Dreamweaver.

And that's because Fireworks is, basically, a graphics application, not an HTML authoring application.

Fireworks can export code from layouts you build in it, but that's intended to be used for mockups or prototypes, not for live sites. Best practice is to use Fireworks to design your layout, slice and export the portions you need to have as images, then build your page/site in Dreamweaver, another authoring tool, or by hand in a text editor.