7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 10:10 AM by able123

field options

tarynmary Level 1

Hiya

I was just wondering whether there is an easier and quicker way to change the field options of a clip rather than using the right - click select field options way.  I have quite a complex timeline, is there any way to that you can change all the clips at once?

T

xXx

• 1. Re: field options
          Colin Brougham Level 6

In the project panel, select your clips--or even easier, just select the bin containing the clips--right-click, and select Interpret Footage. Look at the Field Order section; click the "Conform to" radio button, and select your desired field order from the options. This will affect all clips, regardless of whether they are used in the timeline or not. Note that you will probably have to revert the clips you're using in the timeline whose settings you've changed with the Field Options dialog, or you'll be reversing your reversal.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: field options
            tarynmary Level 1

Ok awesome - thanks very much for that and for your reply.

Taryn

• 3. Re: field options
              westpiffel Level 1

i have also been forced to reverse field options...combining

nx5e standard def.mpeg with Z1 dv which was downscaled from camera via firewire

whichever video i change the field order to results in inacceptable results.....the footage goes "out of focus" or results in jerky playback on movement...

how are your results with reversing the fields in your footage.

• 4. Re: field options
                tarynmary Level 1

Hiya

Reversing field options generally sorted everything out.  But mostly my footage was animations, the video that i do have was fine - not great - but thats more because of the camera it was recorded on! Plus this is getting downsized considerably for the web so dont notice it as much.

I am working on another project with actual hd footage which i will need to reverse too.  Can let you know what the outcome looks like later on today?

Taryn

x

• 5. Re: field options
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can check the footage for fields with GSpot to see if Premiere interpretes them correct.

Make sure your proejct settings match your footage.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: field options
                    tarynmary Level 1

I am on mac so used VideoSpec - these are my results:

Screen shot 2010-04-14 at 12.29.08.pngScreen shot 2010-04-14 at 12.28.58.png

I have changed my sequence settings to be progressive(none) and used the interpret footage to also be progressive(none) for field options.  I also tried leaving it at its original Lower field.  I have a lot of images and titles graphics (these are .psds that i have just imported directly into premiere - all having the correct aspect ratios) DV Pal 720x576 widescreen.  whatever i do, it seems to make no difference to the output.

These videos are going to be converted to flvs to play on the web.  Everything was originally set up to play on DVD but this idea has been scrapped for now.  All the images and title screens are particularly bad quality, and the video is just not crisp even at high quality and clearly not deinterlaced. 

title screens below:

Screen shot 2010-04-14 at 12.40.30.png

footage:

Screen shot 2010-04-14 at 12.40.17.png

I am still quite new to premiere so excuse me if im being incredibly blonde here.  But how do i go about de-interlacing this with AME? and have i got the correct sequence settings?

Thanks,

Taryn

• 7. Re: field options
                      Level 4

Hi,

I'm using cs3. When I set my preferences for export I also have to go to the left panels , to "output" tab...and make sure "deinterlace" is checked...when I want progressive export..

Rod