0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 6:06 AM by JockMahon

Validating groups of components

JockMahon

I have a validator, its purposeis to check that at least one check box in a group is selected

my question is can i set the listener to a Group or something so that the red focus ring appears around all the related components

i can set the listener to one of the check boxes and the red focus ring appears  but when i do it to the group  i don't get the focus ring

( the error tip is displayed when the user  mouses over it though)

<validators:DaysValidator id="daysVal" source="{daysModel}" property="days" listener="{daysGroup}"/>

<s:Group id="daysGroup" height="30" width="155"
                               includeIn="onDaysState">
                          <s:layout>
                              <s:HorizontalLayout gap="6" paddingLeft="2"/>
                          </s:layout>

<s:CheckBox id="monCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="M"/>
                          <s:CheckBox id="tueCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="T"/>
                          <s:CheckBox id="wedCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="W"/>
                          <s:CheckBox id="thuCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="T"/>
                          <s:CheckBox id="friCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="F"/>
                          <s:CheckBox id="satCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="S"/>
                          <s:CheckBox id="sunCheckBox" skinClass="skins.DaysCheckBoxSkin" label="S"/>
                      </s:Group>