1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 8:35 AM by Mark C. Dahm

Fatal Error with IPhone

PAULPERRI

I recently tried downloading my pictures from my Iphone to Album Starter 3.2 and after the pictures populate the screen I am getting an error that the album starter has encountered a problem and needs to close.  This is a terminal error.  Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this?

• 1. Re: Fatal Error with IPhone
          Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

Could be a faulty preferences file or any of a range of other possibilities that would generally be fixed by reinstalling the app. Look in your application folder for Starter Edition and see if you can locate the preferences file; delete it, then launch the app and a new one will be created.

I don't have the app installed anymore myself, so the prefs file could be elsewhere; Documents and Settings\username\Application Data or \Local Settings are two possibilities.

If that doesn't work, you could reinstall, but you would need the serial number to prevent it from timing out (the program has been discountinued by Adobe, and the registration server that gives out serial numbers is offline). If you don't have that, you could download the Tryout for Photoshop Elements 8, install and the Elements Organizer would import all your info without timing out.

Good Luck!

-Mark