1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 3:44 PM by AdobeScripts

Replacing inline lines with underscores

mirandaja

Hi all,

I have a test manual full of inline .5-point lines that act as fill-in-the-blanks lines. I'm trying to convert these lines to underscore characters. I can find them by searching for anchored objects, but I can't see a way to add more detail to distinguish one type of rule from another. The rules aren't styled with any character or object styles (which would be one way to do it), so I need to find another way. There are basically three different lengths of inline rules for short answers, medium-length answers, and longer full line answers (I can actually do this one with GREP Find/Replace). The length of each type is consistent (4p for short, 6p for medium).

I'm working on cobbling together a script using some generous example scripts posted in this forum, but any advice or pointers would be appreciated! I'll share with everyone any results.

Many thanks!

Jason

• 1. Re: Replacing inline lines with underscores
          AdobeScripts Level 3

Hi Jason,

I have a test manual full of inline .5-point lines that act as fill-in-the-blanks lines. I'm trying to convert these lines to underscore characters. I can find them by searching for anchored objects, but I can't see a way to add more detail to distinguish one type of rule from another. The rules aren't styled with any character or object styles (which would be one way to do it), so I need to find another way. There are basically three different lengths of inline rules for short answers, medium-length answers, and longer full line answers (I can actually do this one with GREP Find/Replace). The length of each type is consistent (4p for short, 6p for medium).

If by "different type" you mean "different length" - here is your answer

You should check .GeometricBounds of your Anchored / InLine Graphics.

Returned array is (Y1,X1,Y2,X2) where first pair is TopLeft corner and second pair is BottomRight corner.

robin

www.adobescripts.co.uk