4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 8:08 AM by Shirt-Tales

Error 1311....source file not found Adobe Acrobat 8.2.0

Woodlandia36

I have Vista. I keep getting installing boxes and error messages:

Error 1311. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Setup Files\{AC76BA86-1033-0000-7760-000000000003}\Data 1.cab.

Verify file exists and that you can access it.

I cannot find that file in the set up, so it's obviously missing. I have tried uninstalling, but still get the error messages, even though the Reader is working on my PC...it's just so annoying as I am constantly cancelling installation and cancellation boxes. Can I install this file?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Woodlandia36

• 1. Re: Error 1311....source file not found Adobe Acrobat 8.2.0
          370H55V Level 4

You need to do a "clean" install:

1. Uninstall Reader using the Control Panel (Programs and Features - Uninstall a Program).

2. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe - "google" it).

3. Run the Installer Cleanup and remove ALL Adobe Reader installer files (9 and any previous versions).

4. Reboot your system.

5. Download and reinstall Reader 9.

• 2. Re: Error 1311....source file not found Adobe Acrobat 8.2.0
            Shirt-Tales

Thanks for your reply. I have tried doing this. But now realise it's because I tried to uninstall Adobe Creative Master Suite CS3. It hasn't uninstalled completely and has left traces of it still being on my system. It shows up in my programmes, but will not uninstall and I am at a loss now, as to what to do next. Obviously it is still trying to install, hence the message boxes saying it's installing, then error codes showing up, but it isn't complete. Any ideas? Many thanks.

• 3. Re: Error 1311....source file not found Adobe Acrobat 8.2.0
              370H55V Level 4

"I tried to uninstall Adobe Creative Master Suite CS3. It hasn't  uninstalled completely and has left traces of it still being on my  system."

You could always "wipe the slate" clean.

Any and all Adobe folders would be manually deleted. (Shift+Delete to remove them from the hard drive, not send to the recycle bin)

Click Start and Run. Type regedit and hit enter.

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE          delete all Adobe Folders (not just the keys, the whole folders - click once and hit Delete)

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE           do the same

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Change the value for the AllocateCDRoms entry to 0. (Right click and select Modify - type 0 and hit enter)
              Exit the Registry Editor.

Reboot

You should not see this error anymore

Note: I only recommend this because you indicate that you have already attempted removing the entire creative suite. This will render it unfunctional if you do it. If you aren't comfortable with editing your registry, disregard these steps.

• 4. Re: Error 1311....source file not found Adobe Acrobat 8.2.0
                Shirt-Tales Level 1

Hi...thank you for this.

I have just used the Adobe cleaner for WinCS3, combined with the Windows Installer Cleaner. I did it to level two and it seems to have uninstalled the whole of CS3 and Acrobat 8. If the problem recurs I will try it to level 4, as used on another forum. I am now keeping my fingers crossed. I thought my PC had had it, as it was effecting everything. Many thanks for your help.