3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 11:23 AM by Paul7411

Adobe Connect VOIP, Breakout Rooms & Skype

Paul7411

Hello,

I do not have Adobe Connect, nor have I used the trial version yet. I would like to ask the following questions:

1 - How does Adobe Connect's VOIP compare to that of Skype?

2 - In a breakout room scenario (using Adobe Connect) I assume that you have to use Adobe Connect VOIP? What toggle options do you have? I mean can you listen to individual rooms or must you listen to all breakout rooms at once? Can you allow only certain rooms to hear you (the host) speak (you may want to talk to a room in private) whilst you listen to all breakout rooms (say three breakout rooms or more)?

Thank you for any advise you can offer me.

Rob.

• 1. Re: Adobe Connect VOIP, Breakout Rooms & Skype
          DHMerritt Level 1

I find that the quality of Skype verses AC (Adobe Connect) are on par i.e. if the audio is bad in Skype it is normally bad in AC, if the audio is good in one it is good in the other. The real problem is not so much the one product verses the other but more what is the bandwidth that is available.

Break out rooms. Yes you can use VOIP to access the different classes. As a host/Presenter you can access each class seperately and listen to what they are sharing, at the same time you can chip in and talk to the class without any of the other classes hearing what you are saying.

I hope that helps you out.

Dimitri

• 2. Re: Adobe Connect VOIP, Breakout Rooms & Skype
            DHMerritt Level 1

Ok, when one creates a breakout room one can assign learners to a room or you can get AC (Adobe Connect) to assign learns automatically. The classes are then displayed in a pod. One simply clicks on the name of the class you want to enter and then you can interact with the learners there. If you want to view another classroom you simply navigate to the classroom.

• 3. Re: Adobe Connect VOIP, Breakout Rooms & Skype
              Paul7411 Level 1

Thank you for your help.