2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 10:19 AM by MALI1962

WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A PDF FILE, THE READER OPENS  HUNDREDS OF MULTIPLE BLANK PAGES .

MALI1962

I TRIED TO OPEN A PDF FILE ALL I GET IS HUNDREDS OF EMPTY PAGES

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH ADOBE 9 READER?

OTHER PEOPLE CAN OPEN THE SAME MSSG WITH NO PROBLEM

• 1. Re: WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A PDF FILE, THE READER OPENS  HUNDREDS OF MULTIPLE BLANK PAGES .
          370H55V Level 4

Something is definitely wrong with your install of Reader.

A PDF consists of only the number of pages it was created with.  Reader can and will only open those pages... IF it's installed and working properly.

Opening multiple blank pages from a document which contains none is a clear sign that the software isn't functioning. It's like putting a movie into a DVD player, and your TV starts a picture slide show of your last Summer's vacation. Not possible unless there's something seriously wrong.

Uninstall Reader 9.

Use either Adobe's clean uninstaller or Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe) to remove all Reader installer files from your system.

Reinstall Reader 9 from a new download (do not use the old one if you still have it on your system)

• 2. Re: WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A PDF FILE, THE READER OPENS  HUNDREDS OF MULTIPLE BLANK PAGES .
            MALI1962 Level 1

I DID THE UNINSTALL  AND INSTALL DID NOT SOLVE PROBLEM

STILL OPEN MULTIPLE EMPTY PGS

WHAT CAN I DO?

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:28:56 -0600

To: muinde@msn.com

Subject: WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A PDF FILE, THE READER OPENS  HUNDREDS OF MULTIPLE BLANK PAGES .

Something is definitely wrong with your install of Reader.

A PDF consists of only the number of pages it was created with.  Reader can and will only open those pages... IF it's installed and working properly.

Opening multiple blank pages from a document which contains none is a clear sign that the software isn't functioning. It's like putting a movie into a DVD player, and your TV starts a picture slide show of your last Summer's vacation. Not possible unless there's something seriously wrong.

Uninstall Reader 9.

Use either Adobe's clean uninstaller or Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2. exe) to remove all Reader installer files from your system.

Reinstall Reader 9 from a new download (do not use the old one if you still have it on your system)

>