7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2010 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7

BruceWerto

I've finished my project using Adobe Premiere Elements 7. Using the disc menu, I've created several scenes within the entire movie. I put stop markers at the end of each scene so the viewer will see only that one scene and then return to the main menu. When I choose to view the entire movie however, it stops at the scene stop markers and returns to the main menu. I understand it doing that, but didn't expect that. I was hoping it would overlook the stop markers if the movie is started on the View Entire Movie choice. Is there any way to make it do what I'm trying to accomplish?
      Thanks,

Bruce

• 1. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Not in Premiere Elements.

The stop markers will always return you to your main menu, no matter how that segment of your video is launched.

An inexpensive supplement to Premiere Elements DVD authoring tools is DVD Architect Studio, a $39 download from the Sony site. Working with video you output from Premiere  Elements, you can create a DVD menu system that does just about anything you can imagine (including what you're trying to do here!

Have a look at the free Basic Training with DVD Architect Studio tutorials I created for Muvipix.com to see if it's something you might like. And, if so, I've also got a great little how-to book for it.

• 2. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7
            BruceWerto Level 1

Great, thanks. I have DVD Architect, as it was a part of Sony Vegas I bought a bit back. Do I save my Elements project to a folder on my computer as

MPEG and then use DVD Architect to open and work with it?
            Thanks,

Bruce

• 3. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7

Yep. Just use Share/Personal Computer/MPEG and then use the DVD-MPEG output preset.

I do this all the time, and the results are terrific!

• 4. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7
                BruceWerto Level 1

I own DVD Architect Studio 4.5 Good enough version or am I better upgrading to the latest version?

Thanks for you help,

Bruce

• 5. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7

That IS the latest version, so you're all set, Bruce! (Just make sure you have all the latest updates and patches.)

• 6. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7
                    BruceWerto Level 1

I hate to be such a nuisance, but one more question..for now, anyway.  lol  I've opened my Elements project in DVD Architect as you said and all is well. The chapter/scene markers that I have inserted indicate the beginning of the scene. Is there a stop marker to insert at the end of the scene..or how do I get it to return to the main menu when it gets to the end of a scene/chapter??

I'm  also trying to get this to work: Scene 1 goes from point A to point D but within that scene is Scene 2, which goes from point B to point C.  When the viewer chooses Scene 1, it plays entirely from point A to point D and returns to Main Menu, not stopping at at the end of Scene 2, point C, but when viewer choose to watch Scene 2, it only shows Scene 2, from point B to point C, then returns to Main Menu. Hope that makes some sense...but I can't figure out how to do that.

• 7. Re: Disc Menu Premiere Elements 7

The scene markers you've added in Premiere Elements are irrelevant in DVD Architect, Bruce.

Have you looked at the DVD Architect tutorials I linked you to above? You add menu markers in DVD Architect by dragging the clips from the Explorer onto the menu page. These links will automatically link back to the menu page after the clip plays.

If you'd like to create a link to a "play all", in which all of your clips through, you'd then add a Playlist to your disc.

I've got some tutorials for doing this on Muvipix, but it's alll thoroughly explained in my book.