1 person found this helpful
Does this happen when you're opening a PDF at a website or offline?
What website if it's online?
As to how to prevent it:
Unless you're on a work computer and have to use it, stop using Internet Explorer.
If you have to keep using Internet Explorer:
Suggestion 1: Reset Internet Explorer settings
1. Please open Internet Explorer, click "Tools", and click "Internet Options".
2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab.
3. Refer to "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" section, and click "Reset".
4. Click "Close" when the resetting process is complete.
5. Close Internet Explorer and restart it.
Suggestion 2: Run IE without Add-ons
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
2. Visit website in IE again.
Thanks so much for the help.
reinstalled adobe and reset internet explorers settings to default.