4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 2:45 PM by 370H55V

Dreamweaver CS4 on Macbook pro

jattgolfer

I have read that Dreamweaver on macbook pro had a tendancy to crash a lot. Is this still the case with Dreamweaver CS4 and the new macbook pro?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 on Macbook pro
          370H55V Level 4

Not on my MacBook Pro 13 (Late 2009, unibody, Core Duo 2.26gHz, with 4GB of RAM). Not since September of last year whe I got it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 on Macbook pro
            Ben M Adobe Community Professional

I've had mine on without a crash:

Late 2009- 2.8ghz C2D, 4GB, OSX 10.6.0->10.6.3, tried in 32-bit and 64-bit kernel as well (mainly as a performance test).

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 on Macbook pro
              jattgolfer Level 1

Thanks for the responses. Now I am wondering if I should get the 13'' or the 15'' version. The 13 inch as core duo with 4 gb memory and the 15 inch has the core i5, 4gb memory, and better graphics. I am thinking the 15inch but which would be better for dreamweaver? I want something where dreamweaver can run smoothly, and the computer won't slow up if I start to run a few other apps.

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 on Macbook pro
                370H55V Level 4

I regularly run DW, PS, and Flash as well as three or four browsers on my 13" with the CoreDuo 2.26gHz and 4GB. PS will occasionally lag for a few seconds when I'm in a big file, but other than that, no issues to complain about.

And the 13" size is not a big deal because I'm using a 23" HD monitor as my primary desktop anyway.

The 15" and 17" models have a longer battery life by half an hour, but I'm running on wall power most of the time.