3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 2:40 PM by spsaucier

Can no longer comment in Reader

angelamyers Level 1

I have saved a pdf with Acrobat using "Enable for Commenting and Analysis in Reader".  This works fine the first time the pdf file is opened in reader and commented in.  The next time the file is opened the following error message appears.

"This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

Everytime before the file is reopened in reader it has to first be opened in acrobat and resaved with enable for commenting and analysis in reader.  Is there anyway to maintain this setting?  I have this problem with all my pdf files.

• 1. Re: Can no longer comment in Reader
          josherino1

I get the same error,

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document.

My document has fillable forms that anyone are allowed to edit with Reader. I have multiple systems with varying versions of reader 8.1.3 to 8.2.2 (I don't use 9 because of an unrelated bug with folder redirection to a UNC path). A couple of systems get this error, and the others don't. However the version of Reader doesn't matter. I have one system with 8.2.2 that gets the error and another system with 8.2.2 which doesn't get the error. They are running XP on a domain.

The error occurs after filling in a form field, saving the document, then when I re-open the document I get that error and none of the forms are fillable anymore.

The document restrictions summary states,

"Filling of form fields: Allowed".

However after the error occurs, the document restrictions summary states

"Filling of form fields: Not Allowed"

I don't understand what it is about some systems that get this error but other systems that don't. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks!

• 3. Re: Can no longer comment in Reader
            spsaucier

Same problem here. Doesn't seem to be any help on these forums.