kishoreda-RrOFau Level 1

Windows 7

CS4

Nviad 9800GT

6GB ram

Hello

I have couple questions  for 2 different projects

Question #1.

I had a Sony HD XR-200 Camcorder, which I recorded some AVCHD (1080i) videos

Then I created a new project using the Preset AVCHD(1080i) from Premiere Pro CS4

I did all my cuts and saved my project .

Then I opened my AE CS4 and Imported the Premiere project and I see everything there the way it was , after adding effects and transitions, I am planning to send the project to "Render Que" to make a movie, I have to have the final outputs in 2 different formats . 1. YouTube 2.  SD footage

My question is: what is the best option to render my project to get those 2 types of videos at the end.

Question #2.

I have a JVC HD110 Camcorder , which records 720p (HD24p, HD30p)

I live in NTSC land

so, I think I have to shoot HD30p to get a good HD quality video

Now , I have to have the final output in 2 different format for this project too 1. YouTube  2. is SD footage

What is the best option to render my project

Thank You !

• 1. Re: AE CS4 Rendering AVCHD and 720p
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          My question is: what is the best option to render my project to get those 2 types of videos at the end.

Once added to the RQ, you can simply add another render output by using Composition --> Add Output Module in the menu. You can't do that with render settings for size etc., though, so if you need two different sizes and framerates, you will have to use two comps and add them to the RQ.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE CS4 Rendering AVCHD and 720p
            kishoreda-RrOFau Level 1

Thanks Meylinum

sorry for being a bit confusing , but let me rephrase it for you once again !!

let's forget about  about the youtbe for a moment

Please just answer these 2 questions

1. when you work with AVCHD (1080i) footage what is the best rendering option, that means once you are totally done with adding effect and etc and then you wanna make a movie out of it, what Preset to use to get maximum render quality.

Or if you don't like to use a Preset, then what settings would you chose to render AVCHD 1080i footage .

2.what Preset or custom settings  to use to render my 720p  footage and get the best quality .

I give a you a good example :

You have one project which the footage is all AVCHD and you have another project for another customer which was shot 720p

You are working on both projects separately , once you are done with editing the  2 projects, what preset or custom setting would you use to ender them separately and get the best result .

• 3. Re: AE CS4 Rendering AVCHD and 720p
              yenaphe Level 4

kishoreda wrote:

1. when you work with AVCHD (1080i) footage what is the best rendering option, that means once you are totally done with adding effect and etc and then you wanna make a movie out of it, what Preset to use to get maximum render quality.

Or if you don't like to use a Preset, then what settings would you chose to render AVCHD 1080i footage .

If you don't care about playing it back in realtime, and you just want to use it as a "Master" file to be reencoded after for several purposes, I recommand you rendering it to Quicktime or Avi uncompressed, or Quicktime Animation (nearly lossless compression).