3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 10:34 AM by joan_lafferty

FXG Fonts

alastairjdawson Level 1

From my research it seems FXG can only use fonts on the user's system. Why not allow a compiled font in a SWF file? or a W3C SVG font? or allow @font-face (fontsquirrel.com, fontspring.com) ?

FXG was created because of limitations of SVG but why leave out features SVG supports?

thanks,

Alastair

• 1. Re: FXG Fonts
          joan_lafferty Adobe Employee

Alistair,

If you include and embedded font in your main Flex application where you are also using static .fxg files, the static .fxg files should pick up and use those embedded fonts. I just tried this using a global selector and it seemed to work.

Joan

• 2. Re: FXG Fonts
            alastairjdawson Level 1

Hey Joan,

Thanks for that, I was using some font swfs I compiled with the Flex 3 sdk and they didn't work but once I recompiled them with Flex 4 they did. Do you know of any plans for runtime FXG import/export? I've seen some open source projects where people load in FXG/SVG at runtime but it would be nice if it was built in to Flex.

thanks,

Alastair

• 3. Re: FXG Fonts
              joan_lafferty Adobe Employee

No plans at the moment for this import functionality of .fxg. You should file a minor enhancement in the Flex bug base though and if there is enough excitement for such an addition, it might get our product manager's attention!

http://bugs.adobe.com/flex

Good luck!

Joan