2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 3:05 AM by the_wine_snob

Trial Software - Missing codec questions

mind113

Currently using PPro 6.5 and tempted to try CS4 and then CS5 when available to test to see if its worth upgrading.

Read on the FAQ - "some codecs for encoding MPEG formats are available only with the full version of these products"

First question - What are the titles of the missing codecs if that doesn't just mean the standard mp4/H264 codec which just needs QuickTime to be installed ?

Second - Do any of the old codecs need to be upgraded from the ones I use in Pro 6.5 to use CS4/CS5 - if so which ones need upgrading and to which version ?

My Video cam (Panasonic S15) uses a MPG format (not mp4) so I would like to test the new software versions with correct codec to compare outputs to that of PPro 6.5

Thanks for any help or details you can post

• 1. Re: Trial Software - Missing codec questions
          Harm Millaard Level 7

No MPEG support at all in the trial. Effectively only DV.

• 2. Re: Trial Software - Missing codec questions
            the_wine_snob Level 9

All of the missing MPEG CODEC's should be Adobe MainConcept. I think that all of the included (in the full-paid version) CODEC's are from MainConcept.

If one needs to test with MPEG footage (a very common need), then the 30-day, money-back guarantee is the way to go. One buys the full version, installs it (after first uninstalling any trials and running the appropriate Adobe Clean Scripts several times), tests it for < 30 days, and if it is not what they are looking for, then ship it back and request the full refund.

Good luck, and glad that you at least found the MPEG limitation - too many others do not.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful