4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2010 1:44 AM by Peter Grainge

    Topic title overwritten with file name when importing html-file

    pollycph
      I have a problem in RH8. When I import a html-file that has a topic title that is different to the file name, RH somehow overwrites the topic title with the file name. The html-files that I need to import into my help project DO have a topic title (with the html tag 'Title') so this is not caused by an empty og non-existing title tag.
      I have searched the forum and found that this was also an issue in RoboHelp 6 and by then fixed in a service pack. I have long ago installed the two service packs to RH8, but I can see in the 'read me' for the service packs, that this has not been dealed with.
      I also have RH 7 installed on my pc, and the problem does not occur in a RH 7 help project.
      Best Regards
        • 1. Re: Topic title overwritten with file name when importing html-file
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

          Using RH8, in one project I just changed a file to filename.htm and the Topic Properties to Topic Title. I then imported that into another project and both were correct. You are not mixing up Topic Title and Topic Heading by any chance.

           

          Were the files RH generated or some other tool?

           


          See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

           

          @petergrainge

          • 2. Re: Topic title overwritten with file name when importing html-file
            pollycph Level 1

            Yes, I am sure I am not mixing up Topic Title and Topic Heading.

             

            The files are generated in a Access database created by our own developers. We have used this database for generating html-files for our RH-projects for years without any problems.

             

            Below I have copied the HTML code from one of theese files (with the file name '10001.htm') before importing it into RH8:

             

            <!doctype HTML public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
            <html>
            <head>
            <title>
            Agreement

            </title>
            <LINK rel='StyleSheet' href='default.css'>

            </head>

            <body>
            <h1>

            Agreement
            </h1><p>

            An agreement is a written obligation between a project and a contracting party regarding the
            participation in the project, delivery to the project, or transfer of the project&#39;s products
            and services. Please see Vejledning: Aftaler og aftaleparter.
            </p>
            </body>
            </html>

             

            And after importing it to RH8:

             

            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
            <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "
            http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
            <html xmlns="
            http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
            <head>
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
            <meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 8" />
            <title>10001</title>
            <link rel="StyleSheet" href="default.css" type="text/css" />
            </head>

            <body>
            <h1>Agreement</h1>
            <p>An agreement is a written obligation between a project and a contracting
            party regarding the participation in the project, delivery to the project,
            or transfer of the project's products and services. Please see Vejledning:
            Aftaler og aftaleparter.</p>
            </body>
            </html>

            • 3. Re: Topic title overwritten with file name when importing html-file
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

              I jsut imported a non RH topic and still no problems.

               

              <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
              "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
              <html>

               

              <head>
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
                      <title>Questions and Feedback</title>
                      <link rel="StyleSheet" href="xxx.css">
                  </head>

               

              I don't think the fact that your title is written over three lines should make a difference but try editing that before you import. See if that makes a difference. Also I don't think numbers should be an issue but try that next, perhaps adding an alpha character before the numbers. Clutching at straws here but nothing better to go on.

               


              See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

               

              @petergrainge

              • 4. Re: Topic title overwritten with file name when importing html-file
                pollycph Level 1

                Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

                 

                I edited the Title section to one line instead of three before import and now the topic titel is not overwritten!

                 

                Maybe our developers can fix our Access database, so that the title + title tags are written in one line only. Alternatively we have to change this manually . I wonder why RH8 can't handle this - we never had the problem in earlier versions.