16 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2010 9:19 PM by thebluedot

My site will not load in design view?

thebluedot

I can not figure this out for the life of me but I am hoping someone here can give me a simple solution. I have spent endless hours trying to figure out why my site will not load when attempting to open any of the template or html files of my local site in design view. They open fine in Code view but when I click on design view, I get an hour glass that only goes away if I close dreamweaver using ctrl + alt + delete and use the task manager to close the process. My web address is www.thebluedot.net if that helps...

Any web pages outside of my actual site open fine so I am not sure what is causing the issue with my site itself? I have opened the template and have deleted all the code from it and attempted to view the file in design view and still get the same problem. Is there perhaps something simple that I am overlooking? My site worked fine in design view several days ago and I can not think of any changes that I made that may be causing the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire adobe suite and I am still having the issue.

I am running on Windows Vista and have 4 gigs of ram and a 2.6 Core Duo processor if that helps.

Please help me out here. Really would appreciate any help you can provide!