1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2010 10:28 AM by Peter deHaan

Spark Label with textFlow

FFBB

Hello,

I can read on Spark documentation that spark Label can render Arabic using FTE,

could some one write an example of code please? I have seen online only RichText examples, but I can't write this:

<s:Label x="12" y="14" height="72" width="266">
                <s:TextFlow>
                     <s:p>The quick brown <s:span fontWeight="bold">fox jumps over</s:span> the lazy dogg.</s:p>
                </s:TextFlow>
      </s:Label>

Goes on error...

thank you.

• 1. Re: Spark Label with textFlow
          Peter deHaan Level 4

If you want to set the textFlow property, you need to use RichText, RichEditableText, or TextInput/TextArea. The Spark Label control only supports text with a single format (no spans).

From the docs: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/spark/components/Label. html

Label is a low-level UIComponent that can render one or more lines of uniformly-formatted text. The text to be displayed is determined by the text property inherited from TextBase. The formatting of the text is specified by the element's CSS styles, such as fontFamily and fontSize.

Label is the fastest and most lightweight, but is limited in its capabilities: no complex formatting, no scrolling, no selection, no editing, and no hyperlinks.

Peter