4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2010 9:17 AM by tandssutliff

Browser Issues

tandssutliff

I am fairly new to Dreamweaver.  Been 7 years! I have built a website in dreamweaver and it looks great in an older version of IE. If you look at the website www.pistolpetesusa.com I am trying to get the diamond plate on the side of the home page (created in dreamweaver) like the diamond plate on the side of the gallery page (created in Photoshop). It looks right in dreamweaver, however, whenever I view the page in IE and Firefox the diamond plate on the side is covered with black. How do I get the diamond plate to appear on the sides like it is in the gallery page?

• 1. Re: Browser Issues
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Home page is built from a 1024 px wide container <div>.

The Gallery page is built from a 1024 px table with the chequerplate image inserted in table cells on the left and right all the way down the page.

However, on the Home page, try:

.thrColLiqHdr #mainContent {
          margin: 0 auto 0; /* the right and left margins on this div element creates the two outer columns on the sides of the page. No matter how much content the sidebar divs contain, the column space will remain. You can remove this margin if you want the #mainContent div's text to fill the sidebar spaces when the content in each sidebar ends. */
          width: 900px;

background-color: #000;
          color: #FFF;
          padding: 0px;
          height: 765px;
          line-height: 10px;
          font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
          }

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Browser Issues
            tandssutliff Level 1

I am new to the whole CSS thing. Here is the example of what I am shooting for in Dreamweaver.  Righ now I can view the diamond plate in dreamweaver but I can't view it in the browser.index.jpg

• 3. Re: Browser Issues
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, I've seen the pages on the web via your link.

Just go to Code View on the Home page and do the tweaks given above.

• 4. Re: Browser Issues
                tandssutliff Level 1

Thank you so much for the advice, it worked! It is wonderful to have help when you need something answered. Thank you again for all your assistance.