6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 2:44 PM by gkaiseril

Lock PDF Fields upon Submit?

jshay88

Hi,

I am using Acrobat Pro 9. I created a fillable PDF with a submit button at the bottom. I plan to e-mail the PDF as an attachment and set it up so that the fdf file is returned to my e-mail. However, upon testing the result i noticed the fields did not lock after the user clicks submit. In other words, when I open the returned file / import the fdf data it allows me to change/edit the user imputed data. This could cause problems for me since others will be working with the returned data. Therefore, I would like to know if there is a way to lock the form fields once the user clicks the submit button. When the data is returned I do not want there to be a way for me (or any one else using the data) to accidentally change it. Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

PS I am new to acrobat and have no real design or development experience. I do not know much, if any, terminology. Thus, if responding please respond as if you were talking to someone who knows almost nothing. It would be helpful if you could explain step-by-step using acrobat 9 pro.

Thanks,

Josh