2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2010 7:47 AM by Steve Grisetti

a/v sync issue

frogchicken

OK...thanks to Hunt, I've solved (temporarily) my burning DVD issue...now, I've got an editing

question.

I am trying to assemble a DVD of downloaded (LEGALLY!) clips.  I am downloading .mpg files, than play just fine in WMP, but when I import them to Premiere, the audio/video are out of sync...almost as if the audio is longer than the video.  I have other clips from the same source that are just fine, but 2 of them just won't play along.  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: a/v sync issue
          the_wine_snob Level 9

All Adobe Video programs have issues with muxed MPEG files, especially with MPEG Audio. Other NLE's experience the same issue.

My first choice would be to convert to DV-AVI Type II's, and you should not have the OOS issues.

Next, I'd rip the Audio from those muxed MPEG files, and Import that PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit file into PrE, replacing the muxed MPEG Audio.

Last, if neither did it the trick, this ARTICLE might prove useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: a/v sync issue
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I agree with Hunt. This sometimes happens when MPEGs are used as source video.

Convert your downloaded video to DV-AVIs and use the DV project setting in Premiere Elements and all will be well.

Here are some programs that will convert for you. Super is always a good place to start.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0