10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2010 1:49 PM by jamcclure

How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?

jamcclure

Perplexing problem:

Have been using PP CS4 (as part of master collection) for several months, no problem. System details below. This morning I rendered a 1hr 1080i HDV 29.97df sequence in m4v format (AVCHD Blu-ray). I have done many other renders of this same sequence with no problems (MPEG 2, etc.). The render completed fine. I then decided that I'd like to study the output and possibly tweak the brightness. I attempted to import the sequence into PP. It imported, but showed as an orange screen with no video or audio. I assumed that this meant that PP was not able to interpret the rendered clip, which seemed odd (it seemed like a reasonable format- AVCHD with PCM audio).

As it wasn't a big deal, I simply deleted the imported clip and decided to do another render into HDV MPEG-2 format. (I am going to make a standard DVD also and wanted MPEG-2 footage.) I started the export (MPEG-2 1-pass VBR with 384K audio- standard preset, same one I had used many times before) and nothing happened; Adobe Media Encoder hung on the first frame with no progress. I tried Stopping the Queue and cancelling the current file. AME hung there. I had to use Task Manager to kill it. I then closed PP and rebooted the system. Opened PP with sequence again and tried exporting again in the same manner. Same results.

I tried this a few more times with different preset settings- each time AME would hang and make no progress. Each time I could not cancel it, but had to kill using Task Manager.

Next, I decided to re-render a small part of the sequence just to see if that would make any difference. I set a small work area and deleted the rendering files using the Sequence menu choice. Got red lines as expected. Hit Sequence + Render Work Area Effects. Nothing. Render hung with 0.02% complete. Tried to cancel. No dice. Had to use Task Manager to kill PP.

Tried this a bunch of times with different segments of the sequence. Each time I did this, I would cleanly reboot the system to make sure nothing was left in an odd state.

So at this point, I could not export nor render in either MPEG-2 or AVCHD.

Next: I create an entirely new dummy test project with DV footage, import, apply some effects, and render. NO PROBLEM. Export also works great.

Within same project, create HDV sequence and import short clip of HDV video. Plays fine. However, can render no effects, and cannot export. (Same problem as before: hangs.)

SO HERE IS WHERE I AM NOW:

PP works great in every way except I cannot render any effects to HDV footage and I cannot export HDV in MPEG-2 or AVCHD formats. I can render and export SD DV in SD formats (AVI, etc.) with no problem. I was also able to export HDV footage to SD AVI (but only without effects- if I tried to apply effects in PP, they would not render- hang as before).

Here is what I observe:

ImporterProcessServer.exe is hung in the background (task manager) as is PPProHeadless and processcoordinator. None of them show any CPU activity. Somehow the pipeline for HD processing is malfunctioning (stuck). There seems to be no problem for SD DV rendering.

Here is what I have done to try to fix this:

- Downloaded and updated to latest DirectX (9c for XP)

- Downloaded and updated to latest QuickTime

- Ran CHKDSK on system and A/V drives (no problems found)

- Reinstalled PP, AE, AME, and related modules from the original DVD-ROM set

- Downloaded all updates to PP, AE, AME from Adobe and installed

- Deleted all user folders for PP, AME, etc. (i.e., under Documents and Settings) and allowed software to re-create them.

- Deleted Media Cache and allowed PP to recreate it (which it did successfully). Also moved Media Cache to a few different drives.

- Doubled amount of virtual memory available (this was a shot in the dark given that everything had worked perfectly before)

- Recreated the plugin cache (holding SHIFT down)

- Checked for clean Event Log (in Windows Event Viewer)

- Checked various other AME and PP logs w/o finding anything interesting

- Checked that nVidia card has latest drivers (it did)

- Checked Services to make sure minimum of background tasks are running

- Checked to make sure disks have plenty of free space

- Sacrificed a goat to the moon god at midnight

(Kidding about the last one, but just barely.)

I am open to any and all suggestions, but I will be skeptical of suggestions that the hardware or system is at fault given that PP has run so well before and given that the machine displays no other problems. My hunch is that somehow something has damaged the MainConcept HD codec(s), but I assume that uninstalling and re-installing the Adobe software should have re-installed them, and that has not helped.I don't know of another way to test them, or to re-install just that component. The fact that SD processing works fine is puzzling.

I am frankly at a loss, and have spent 8+ hours trying to figure this out...

Thanks for help anyone can give!

Jim

System Details:

Dell PW690/2 CPUs/2.66GHz Xeon Dual-Cores

Windows XP SP3 up-to-date with all OS patches

4 GB RAM

4 10K SATA disks inside the chassis

1 external eSATA RAID 0 array 1.5 TB dedicated to A/V files (about 50% free)

nVidia Quadro FX 3500 dual-monitor display w/two NEC 1770VX

M-Audio Delta AP 192

Pioneer Blu-ray and regular DVD drives.

Video details:

Mainly 1080i HDV from JVC HD200 and Canon XH-A1. Some imported from FireStore, some captured via IEEE.

Also some older SD DV footage from Canon GL-2.

• 1. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
          Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

Try locating the file 'Importer Process Plugin Loading.log' & post that please.  I'm wondering if your MPEG plugins are loading correctly.  (I've heard of cases where installed copies somehow get borked and seem to revert to trial mode, which doesn't include MPEG support due to licensing restrictions.)

The file can be located (at least on Vista x64) here:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\4.0

• 2. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
            jamcclure Level 1

Hi- Thanks for the suggestion... Here is the log:

-------- Plugin Loading Log ------------

Loading from root path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US
            Scanning for the following file types: *.prmp, *.prm, *.dll, *.aex, *.8bf

Scanning C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US and sub-directories

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\ColorCorrector.aex
            The plugin is marked as Ignore, so it will not be loaded.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\ColorMatch.aex

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\AEFilters\Fast_Blur.AEX

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\AEFilters\Gaussian_Blur.AEX

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Chorus1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Chorus2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Chorus6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeClicker1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeClicker2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeClicker6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeCrackler1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeCrackler2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeCrackler6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeEsser1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeEsser2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeEsser6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeHummer1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeHummer2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeHummer6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeNoiser1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeNoiser2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeNoiser6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Dynamics1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Dynamics2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Dynamics6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\EQ1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\EQ2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\EQ6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Flanger1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Flanger2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Flanger6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\MultiBand1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\MultiBand2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\MultiBand6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Phaser1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Phaser2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Phaser6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\PitchShifter1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\PitchShifter2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\PitchShifter6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Reverb1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Reverb2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Reverb6.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\SpectralNoiseReduction1.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\SpectralNoiseReduction2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\SpectralNoiseReduction6.dll

Loading from root path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\

Scanning C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common and sub-directories

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\PremiereFiltersMetaPlugin.prmp

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\TransitionsMetaPlugin.prmp

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DeviceControlFirewire.prm
            The modification date has changed so the plugin will be loaded from disk.
            Loading from disk...
            No loaders recognized this plugin, so the plugin is set to Ignore.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DeviceControlSerial.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DvFileWriter.prm
            Loading from disk...
            This plugin was recognized by loader 3234144e-daa1-4641-a208-5b906f36dea4.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DxMultiGraphBridge.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterAIFF.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterAVI.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterBMP.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterGIF.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterGIFStill.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterMP3.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterMPEGPreview.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterP2.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterQuickTime.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterSpeech.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterTarga.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterTIFF.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterUncompressed.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterWave.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPUCenterPeel.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageCurl.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageRoll.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPUSphere.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPUSpiralFlip.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAI.prm
            Loading from disk...
            This plugin was recognized by loader ba1058cd-0007-44e4-bf1a-0ef51307b979.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAiff.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterASND.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAVI.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterBarsAndTone.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterBlackMatte.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterColorMatte.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterDirectShow.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFastMPEG.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFlash.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFLV.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterLeader.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMp3.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMPEG.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMultiStill.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterP2.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPhotoshopProxy.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPict.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQT.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTarga.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTiff.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTransparentMatte.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterWave.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterWindowsMedia.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterXDCAMEX.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterXDCAMHD.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\PlayerMediaCore.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\RecorderDV.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\RecorderMPEGHDV.prm
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AsioWdm.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DVControl.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DXAVSource.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DXCaptureSource.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DXDVSupport.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\PSIParser.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\TSSourcePush.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\TSStrider.dll
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEAutoColor.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEAutoContrast.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEAutoLevels.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterAlphaAdjust.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterBlueScreen.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterChromaKey.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterColorFast.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterColorRGBCorrector.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterColorThreeWay.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterCrop.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGarbageMatte.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGarbageMatte16.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGarbageMatte8.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGaussianBlur.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterImageMatteKey.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterLightingEffect.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterLumaCorrector.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterLumaCurve.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterLumaKey.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterNonRedKey.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterProcAmp.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterRemoveMatte.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterRGBCurves.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterRGBDifferenceKey.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterTimecode.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterTrackMatteKey.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterVideoLimiter.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEShadowHighlight.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Arithmetic.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\B-c-2.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Basic_3D.AEX

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Bevel_Alpha.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Bevel_Edges.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Blend.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Block_Dissolve.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Broadcast_Colors.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Brush_Strokes.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Calculations.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\CellPattern.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ChangeToColor.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Change_Color.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Channel_Blur.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Channel_Mixer.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Checkerboard.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\CineonEffect.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Circle.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\ColorsQuad.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Color_Balance_2.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Color_Emboss.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Color_HLS.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Color_Key.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Compound_Arith.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Compound_Blur.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Corner_Pin.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Difference.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\DirectionalBlur.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Drop_Shadow.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Dust.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Echo.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Emboss.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Equalize.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\EyedropperFill.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Find_Edges.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageCurl.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPURefract.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\GPURipple.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Gradient_Wipe.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Grid.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Invert.AEX

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Leave_Color.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Lens_Flare.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Lightning.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Linear_Wipe.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Magnify.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Median.AEX

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Mirror.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Mosaic.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Motion.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Noise.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\NoiseAlpha.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\NoiseHLS.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\NoiseHLSAuto.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Offset.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Opacity.aex
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\PaintBucket.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Posterize.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Posterize_Time.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\RadialShadow.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Radial_Wipe.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Ramp.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\RoughenEdges.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Set_Matte.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Sharpen.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Spherize.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Strobe_Light.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Texturize.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Threshold.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Tint.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Transform.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\TurbulentDisplace.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Twirl.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Unsharp_Mask.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Venetian_Blinds.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Wave_Warp.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\Write_on.AEX
            Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilters\Ellipse.AEX

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilters\SolidComposite.AEX

Loading from root path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

Scanning C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore and sub-directories

Loading VST plugins...

Scanning for the following file types: *.dll

Scanning C:\Program Files\BIAS\VSTPlugins and sub-directories

• 3. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
              Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

The log looks fine.  This one's a doozy.

If you create a completely new HDV project, drop a single clip with an opacity tweak & try to render a preview, does that choke too?  I'm inclined to agree with your assessment, that something's wrong with the Main Concept components, but I'm not coming up with a good reason why, esp. after a reinstall...

• 4. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                jamcclure Level 1

I just finished uninstalling and re-installing MC CS4 again. Then I took your suggestion and created a new HDV project, imported a bit of footage, and adjusted the opacity. I was able to Render Work Area Effects no problem.

Being the optimistic type, I thought I was home free.

No such luck.

I reset the opacity back to 100% (where it was originally) and executed the Sequence + Render Work Area Effects again to get back to the original video and it hung just like it was hanging before. It shows time elapsed 0:02 seconds, 0.06% done, rendering frame 0 of 1319. I can't cancel it; have to use Task Manager again to kill PP.

So I was able to get one successful render out of the project before it hung. Bizarre.

Just to be sure, I restarted the system and created another PP HDV project on another disk (which again has plenty of space) and was not even able to render the initial opacity change. It hung immediately, as before.

Boy am I lost...

• 5. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                  Curt Wrigley Level 4

I know uninstalling and installing is a pain in the but.  But ;  did you try running the CS4 cleanup script AFTER uninstalling?

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

• 6. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                    jamcclure Level 1

OK, I'll do that tomorrow... I don't really have any other ideas at the moment.

Will the "clean-up" script cause any problem with my license/activation? So far, I haven't had to do anything except re-enter the serial number when I re-install. It remembers that it's already activated. I'd rather avoid being stuck w/ unactivated s/w (although I suppose I could run it in trial mode if I had to.)

Jim

• 7. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                      Curt Wrigley Level 4

The proper procedure is:

1. Deactivate
                      2. Uninstall
                      3. Run cleanup script
                      4. reboot
                      5. Run clean up script again
                      6. reboot
                      7. Reinstall
                      8. Activate
                      • 8. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                        jamcclure Level 1

This leaves me a bit concerned because my software did not activate correctly when I initially installed it a few months ago. I had to call Adobe and do the magic keystroke and mouse click thing. Tomorrow is Sat. - I wonder if I will be able to call if I am not able to activate again? I don't remember if their activation line is open on Sat...

Jim

• 9. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                          jamcclure Level 1

Why do I feel like an actor starring in a film adaptation of Catch-22?

Ok, here's the situation: I have uninstalled and re-installed MC CS4 as per the prior post and -- fantastic -- rendering is now fully working. I can render in HDV, DV, etc., no problem. I have no idea why I had to do this, but that doesn't really matter at this point...

HOWEVER (we knew that was coming)

I now have a bizarre collateral  problem: I have lost the Adobe Media Encoder. It (the binary EXE) is not there. The installer said everything installed OK, but when I look in the AME folder, there is no EXE. Thus, I am totally unable to export. When I choose Export in PP it gives me the options dialog and when I dismiss it- nothing (just back to PP).

So I've gained rendering but lost exporting.

I am prepared (AGAIN) to uninstall and re-install everything, do the cleaner, etc., but wonder if anyone has some other suggestions (or some way to just get the AME to install without damaging everything else that is now working correctly)? If it's any help, the Adobe install/uninstall program shows AME as installed, and the folder is there, but no EXE. I also tried checking for updates, hoping that an AME update would download the necessary files, but no luck- no AME updates were listed.

Jim

• 10. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS4 rendering HDV again?
                            jamcclure Level 1

OK, I have uninstalled and reinstalled one more time and done a bit more manual poking and clean-up around the registry and MSI databases after the uninstall and now everything is back to working again. My guess is that the stuff that got left behind after the last uninstall and cleanup caused the installer to think that AME was already installed (though that's just a guess).

Couple of things to note:

The Adobe CS4 Clean-up tool did not completely work. It gave me some sort of cryptic error when I ran it (had to run it at the DOS prompt to see what it was - something about bad UNICODE characters in a *.py file) and left some files in the MSI database. (I did load the Microsoft tool first as instructed in the README.) I was able to clear these out myself using other tools and finally got the system completely clean.

Had no problems launching the software after the re-install (after entering the serial #), so no problems with activation thankfully.

So about 24 hours of work later (with a few hours of sleep thrown in) I am back to a working system... But I'd really like to know what happened to cause all of this in the first place. The only thing I can think of that happened before the system stopped working was that I had tried to import the AVCHD sequence into PP and gotten the colored screen. I can't think why that would have caused all of these problems? I am guessing I'll never know...

Thanks for all of the replies- they were very helpful. I will definitely use this forum regularly. (I am new to PP being an Avid user for about 8 years, and will probably have other questions, though hopefully not quite like this one!!)

Jim