Exit

New Button in Skin Editor

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(RH 8, WebHelp)

Hi everybody,

I made a new Button using the RH8 skin editor in the horizontal navigation pane of my web help. Clicking the button makes the main content area of the webhelp to show a certain page. It works, but I have 2 problems:

1) the clicked button is not selected. It simply stays unselected and depending on whatever button was active before that button stays selected. This is clearly not a desired behaviour.

2) the left nav pane doesn't update itself reagarding the new content (topic) in the main content area.

I have no idea how to fix this easily. Can you help, plz?

Thanx a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but that's the nature of the beast.

Here's the deal. With the TOC/Index/Glossary/Search, when you click the Toolbar button you are altering the navigation pane. Thus the button shows as being "selected" because that's the active pane. But a custom button doesn't change the pane. Therefore there is no need to show the button as being selected, because one of the other panes (TOC/Index/etc) is always visible.

You may wish to submit an enhancement request. Who knows, maybe they will build it in at some future point.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx. That's bad ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul

I was just re-reading your post and I see I failed to address your second issue. Assuming your Toolbar Button opens a topic in the system, the topic should be able to synchronize to the TOC on the left. I understood you to report that isn't happening? So you need to ensure you have configured the TOC so it synchronizes.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp