6 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2010 9:22 AM by the_wine_snob

No audio on CD

Pumbany

I just burned my first CD with premier elements 8, but when I play it on the tv there is no volume, cant hear anyone talking. But when I play it in premier elements 8 I do hear the people talking. What went wrong when I burned it on the CD?

• 1. Re: No audio on CD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I assume you mean that you've burned a DVD.

It's possible that the audio on your original video didn't re-encode properly because it wasn't fully compatible with Premiere Elements.

What type of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

• 2. Re: No audio on CD
            Pumbany Level 1

The is one update to this; When I play the burned CD on my laptop there is audio; But when I play the CD on the TV there is no Audio; Why would this be, did I burn the cd wrong for the TV?

• 3. Re: No audio on CD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When a DVD has Audio on the computer, but not on the set-top player, there are two possible reasons:

1.) the set-top player is not set up properly. Could be connections missing, or perhaps something like the Auido being turned way down. Check all connections and all settings on both the set-top player and on the TV

2.) the brand of blank DVD media is not good. Both Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are highly recommended brands. Some brands, like Memorex, TDK, recent Ritek and ALL store brands are NOT recommended, as there will very likely be playability issues. Also, burning at less than max. speed is highly recommended. Remember, NO set-top player is certified to play ANY burned DVD's. Most do, but some just will not. They are ONLY certified to play commercial DVD's, which are stamped from a master, and not burned.

Also, some set-top players will only play +R, or -R media. Most newer players can handle either, but older ones are very particular. Check your set-top player's manual for details, and if it says -R, or +R, make sure to use that media type.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: No audio on CD
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It can also be, as I said in my original post, because an incompatible audio codec existed in your source footage -- which we could determine if we knew what kind of camcorder the original footage came from.

• 5. Re: No audio on CD
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

What would be a puzzle would be that the Audio is present on the DVD, when played via a software player on the computer, but not when played on a set-top player. The DVD specs. allow for only PCM/WAV, or DD AC3 (100% DVD-compliant) as primary Audio streams. MPEG Audio is optional for PAL players, but that is falling out of favor and many newer PAL players do not read that as a primary stream any longer.

Now, I am not saying that the source files might not be a problem, but just do not understand how it would play on the computer, but not on a set-top player, other than the cases that I outlined. If the Audio was absent in both players, then my first suspect would be the source material's Audio stream.

Just thinking here,

Hunt

• 6. Re: No audio on CD
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

This might not be of any help, but take a look at this ARTICLE to see if it might apply to your camera's audio file.

Good luck, and hope that this helps,

Hunt