8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2010 10:12 AM by A.T. Romano

error messge in Premier element 8

AChemali

After converting AVCHD file to mpeg2 I tried to insert the file in Premier element 8 and get this

error message "The selected file can not be played because your system does not have

the required compresser/decompresser codec installed". Where can I find this codec?

and which one is that?.

The reason I convert from AVCHD to MPEG2 because AVCHD format running too slow

which impossible to edit on element 8 mind you I'm using I7 quad core computer with 8 gb ram

and window 7. Any advise? please help...

• 1. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you got your Premiere Elements project set up for AVCHD?

You will need to do this so that the program can activate this component.

Also, make sure you've chosen the right AVCHD preset, including the optional 5.1 audio if appropriate.

Meantime, Premiere Elements may not be the most efficient converter for turning AVCHD to HDV. The FAQs to the right of the forum list some options as well as my Muvipix.com article linked to in this article.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390605?tstart=0

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
            AChemali Level 1

Thanks Steve for the advise but I wonder what the name of the codec required

to address the error message by premier element 8.

• 3. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Back in the conversion program, the CODEC should have been chosen. If you do not recall what you chose, you can download and use the great, free utility, G-SPOT to tell you both, what the CODEC is, and whether you have it installed. It will also test your file to make sure that all is OK with it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
                A.T. Romano Level 7

AChemali

How did you convert the AVCHD to "MPEG2"? Did you use the Koyote Soft HD Converter, version 1.6 so that you converted your AVCHD 1920 x 1080 16:9 to MPEG2 HD 1920 x 1080 16:9 or other?

If so, please be advised that there is a problem with version 1.6. Please download and install and use Koyote Soft HD Converter version 1.4 for the conversion and let us know the outcome.

You can download version 1.4 from

http://de.brothersoft.com/soft-154501.download.

The link and how to get the download were kindly offered by neal. It is tricky to get at the actual download as neal pointed out. You need to open the link and then type in the above link address into the address bar of the link that you just opened. Strange, but it works.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 5. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
                  nealeh Level 5

Try this direct link (http://defiles.brothersoft.com/dvd_video/video_converters/koyote_free_hd_converter_1_4.exe)

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

Your suggestion in an earlier thread on how to get at the Koyote Soft HD Converter version 1.4 has been a great help in spite of the tricky navigation to get it. But, that is what I posted in this thread.

Now I see that you have posted another route in this current thread, but, when I click on this new suggested link, how do you get to version 1.4?  It looks like I am back in the same situation as with the previous link that you suggested in another thread.

What am I overlooking?

ATR

• 7. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
                      nealeh Level 5

Totally weird. I checked my original post and found that I had forgotten:

"Even stranger when I click the link again it too now goes directly to  the download. I wonder if there is some 'cookie' involved that is not  present until you visit the webpage first"  This gave me the false impression that my new link worked.

So no, you are not missing anything - it's my memory.The new link has the same problem as the first. It's very annoying

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 8. Re: error messge in Premier element 8
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

Thanks. I have been troubleshooting some of my own Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements problems today and thought that I was suffering from too much Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements Troubleshooting syndrome.

Your help in identifying a source of that version 1.4 is a big help, and is worth the extra navigation to get it. Other links end up directing you to the current 1.6 version which is "problematic".

ATR