Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style that is visible in WYSIWYG but hidden in compiled CHM

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I am trying to set up a style in my CSS that is visible in the RH WYSIWYG but that is hidden on the compiled Help File. This style is kind of an internal style only used by me and my colleagues to indicate that something has changed or that an update of the topic it is in is required. I have tried different combinations with "Display" and "Visibility" but none of them has produced satisfactory results. Is it possible to set up such a style and which tags should I use?
Thank you in advance for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{display: none} should do it.

However, you could use a build tag instead of a style, such as "internal" or "hidethis," which you would include for internal review purposes but exclude for external production.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Leon
I have tried display: none but it hides the text from the WYSIYWG as well, so basically the private comments are nowhere to be seen. I think a conditional build tag (as you suggested) may be a better idea.
Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try
P.Hidden {
visibility: hidden;
}
Shows in WYSIWYG but not webhelp or compiled help.

Care though. Don't forget the Search will find it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Unless of course you also apply a condition to it.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2007 Sep 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter, this works fine + thanks for reminding me about the search as I did not think about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp