3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2010 7:35 AM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Encoder Issue

jeucu Level 1

Has anybody had any problems with Encoder freezing up?  Sometimes mine gets stuck on Encoding and never gets started.  I have a 16 minute video w/preset mpeg2-dvd ntsc prog hq, 2 pass and I can't get it to render.  When  I select "Stop Que" it hangs up.  Any suggestions?  I'm using matrox rtx.2 card

• 1. Re: Adobe Encoder Issue
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you try without the Matrox?

Also, more info on your system will be appreciated. This ARTICLE will give you some tips on what info will be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Adobe Encoder Issue
            jeucu Level 1

Hi Bill

Thanks for the response but I think I found the problem.  The project that I

was working on had about 40 jpgs and I remember reading that jpgs don't do

well w/CS4.  I changed jpgs to psds and the encoder worked okay.  I

appreciate your response.

Joe Euculano

PTM Video

joe@ptmvideo.com

www.ptmvideo.com

(302)598-3987

• 3. Re: Adobe Encoder Issue
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Joe,

Good news! I do not use JPEG's, but that has more to do with the JPEG compression. As I normally am working from RAW material to start, it's easy to keep things in a PSD workflow, and not bring JPEG's into the mix.

I also Scale, in PS, my images to match my Project Frame Size, rather than let PrPro do the Scaling. I like the Scaling algorithms better in PS and they offer more control.

As for PrPro and JPEG's, I have not encountered an issue. I inherited a Project with 2000+ JPEG's, and they work fine on 19 Sequences in an 8 hour opus. They ARE sized to the Project Frame Size, but there are a lot of them, and nearly each one is animated with Motion>Scale (Zoom), and Motion>Position (Pan), so it is not a simple Project.

Best news though, is that the PSD's are working fine for you.

Good luck,

Hunt