2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2010 11:31 PM by Yammer

Why the colors look so different betweet my Camera Raw and Bridge?

chlonini Level 1

We know that after editing images in Camera Raw, thumbnails in Bridge will updated according to the new xmp files.

However, for some of my Raw files, the colors look very different in Bridge after makeing adjustments in Camera Raw, I can see more red in those phoots. But when I reopen the file in Camera Raw, all the colors are just correct.

For those photos without applying xmp files the colors looks exactly the same in Camera Raw and Bridge.

Does this means that my Camera Raw and Bridge use different color space? How can I fix this problem? Thank you

• 1. Re: Why the colors look so different betweet my Camera Raw and Bridge?
          Level 4

If you want help, you need to specify your platform (Mac or Windows), the exact versions of your Operating System, Photoshop, ACR plug-in and Bridge.

Also look at your Bridge preferences and tell us what you have your Thumbnail preferences set to.

Re-setting your preferences and purging the cache would also help.  It could be something as simple as a corrupt cache.

Bridge is Color Managed, but it does not use a color space of its own.  It applies the color space with which each image is tagged, it assigns sRGB to untagged files.

When was the last time you calibrated and profiled your monitor?

Details would help.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why the colors look so different betweet my Camera Raw and Bridge?
            Yammer Level 4

I don't know if it's related, but I sometimes see vivid colours in updated thumbnails in Bridge. Once the thumbnails are all regenerated, the vividness usually reverts to normal, but not always - sometimes I have to do something (like minimise Bridge, or open another image) before it happens.

I'm guessing this is something to do with the order in which Bridge applies colour management in thumbnail view. The pictures have that same "unmanaged" look as Internet Explorer or Picture & Fax Viewer, until they are finally corrected.

Maybe you're seeing something similar, except the colour management isn't applied. What happens if you reload Bridge, do the colours look any better?

1 person found this helpful