6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2010 9:56 AM by Colin Brougham

Multi-cam Sequences / Rendering

muzicman82 Level 1

Hello,

I am working with 3x Panasonic P2 720p60 sequences in a multicam editing environment. My question is that in my multicam enabled sequence, why does Premiere think it needs to render each frame even though all of the footage is native to the project. I went back to the Sync timeline I made, and it wants to render each frame there too, since that sequence has 3 video clips stacked. However, it would be nice if Premiere was smart enough to know that it is only switching between those three layers and that it doesn't need to do this. Is there is a fix or work around for this? I think this is my bottleneck when I go to Adobe Media Encoder to output to DVD... right now the NTSC Widescreen High Quality (2-Pass VBR) preset thinks it will take 13 hours for a 2 hours sequence. I am on a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 Ghz x 4) w/ 8 GB RAM, and I know I've exported 2 hour sequences faster than 13 hours at this quality.

I am going to try to render my work area in Premiere first and see if that helps.

If any one has any suggestions, please let me know.

Also, does anyone know why Premiere interprets P2 footage as 960x720 @ 1.3333 pixel aspect instead of 1280x720 @ 1.0 aspect??