4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 3:23 AM by nealeh

Menu marker not fixed to a particular scene

Pantera-351

Re: Premiere Elements 8.01

I have project with a number of scenes, where some of the scenes have a menu marker attached. But if I add a scene somewhere in the middle, then the menu markers don't follow the scenes. This means that I have to delete all the menu markers from the insertion point and forwards and reinstert them (which is really tedious). Seems like quite a basic functionality that a menu marker should follow the scene where it has been added.

This makes the whole app quite useless as one can't really do any changes to a project once the menu markers has been set.

Is this a known issue? Unfortunately there is no "forum search" function on this web, why it is nearly impossible to search the forum for issues unless one searches the entire web. But then one has to filter out all kinds of issues for other products.

• 1. Re: Menu marker not fixed to a particular scene
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Menu Markers are attached to the Timeline and not to the Clips.

To do as you wish, I would wait until the editing is done, prior to adding the Menu Markers.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Menu marker not fixed to a particular scene
            nealeh Level 5

As Bill has said, that is just the way it is - menu markers are fixed to the timeline not the clip.

Pantera-351 wrote:

Unfortunately there is no "forum search" function on this web, why it is nearly impossible to search the forum for issues unless one searches the entire web. But then one has to filter out all kinds of issues for other products.

As concerns searching there is this big box towards the top right of each forum web page:

search.png

This searches all the Adobe Forums.

Personally I have on my bookmark toolbar "http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?&resultTypes=MESSAGE&communityID=3271". This open up a search box that searches ONLY the Premiere Elements forum. You can drag this link to your own toolbar if you wish to give fast PRE Forum search.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Menu marker not fixed to a particular scene
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

Have you noticed the fairly recent change to Search? There are now two boxes, plus the Search Adobe.com. The bottom one is new and limits the Search to the Premiere fora! Having to do the Options thing to limit Searches was a pain. Now, if one is on the main Premiere forum page, they get the new one too, and I think that it is on the PrE sub-forum page also. [Edit] Nope, just the main Premiere Page:

Search_These_Forums.jpg

Hunt

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added [Edit] and screen-cap

• 4. Re: Menu marker not fixed to a particular scene
                nealeh Level 5

Using only Elements I never usually go up to the 'Premiere Forums' in the hierarchy. If I have a problem and there is no obvious answer in the the Elements Forums I may use the 'Search Forums' box - but this is rare.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children