1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2007 9:06 AM by andyd273

Problem importing projects

andyd273
      I'm trying to import some training projects from the Total Training DVD, and I'm following the instructions, but it's not working correctly.

Basically, they are using Flex Builder 2, and say to go to import, select the directory that holds all of the training projects, and it shows up in the list with all of the lessons and such.

However, when I try with Flex Builder 3 (trial), I go to import, select the directory that holds all of the training projects, and nothing shows up in the list.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of the beta, or is it just a bug?
        • 1. Re: Problem importing projects
          andyd273 Level 1
          So, apparently these project files were created for an earlier version:

quote:

Problem: unable to import existing projects into workspace. Since this video course was
          released, Adobe has released Flex Builder 2.0.1. This update changed the structure of the
          metadata within project files in a manner which prevents the updated tool from recognizing
          project files created in prior versions of Flex Builder.

So I have to create a new project for each lesson and import them manually.
          Unless there is a way to convert the meta data to the correct structure?