4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 7:44 AM by rjwainwright

issues w/ Toy R Us site

rjwainwright Level 1

I can see flash content on the main page but can not see it here - http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

I have tried/confirmed :

several browsers including IE 7 & 8, Chrome, & Firefox

Java scripting is enabled

Uninstalled/reinstalled Flash, Flash Player, and Java with latest versions

Other tidbits :

Running XP SP2 with current updates

I am an IT guy so not entirely stupid, just not a flash guy...

I was having an issue viewing youtube as well but that is resolved.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

• 1. Re: issues w/ Toy R Us site
          c0j Level 1

What version of the Flash Player do you have installed?

Go here to check:

http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: issues w/ Toy R Us site
            rjwainwright Level 1

WIN 10,0,45,2

Additional info - when uninstalling (to then reinstall), I used control panel "Add Remove"

• 3. Re: issues w/ Toy R Us site
              c0j Level 1

You mentioned that you are able to view the Flash of the site on a different section but not this particular section.

Since you are able to view the Flash on other sections and other site (presumably), your machine's connection to the host server of that part of site might be laggy and maybe preventing the Flash application to load.

Try viewing the same section on a different machine using the same connection.

This may not be a solution but I hope this will help you out single out where the problem is coming from.

HTH

• 4. Re: issues w/ Toy R Us site
                rjwainwright Level 1

Works fine on my laptop using the same connection.  I'm a network guy so that's always the first thing I check.  I also let it sit to see if it would continue to load, but it never does.  The issue also happens with Babies R Us and a few others.  But it only happens when viewing the "weekly ad."  The flash on the main pages is fine.

I am very perplexed...